Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Icon approved

Cool Icon approved

After almost a year and a half of my ot and I documenting, documenting, and documenting. Then fighting with the dme. Ect Ect Ect. We have made it through. My insurance company gave me a full approval on the Icon . And everything my ot asked for witch is pretty awesome. What I suprise I had when I was called by my insurance and my dme. The dme was quite shocked that my insurance agreed to paying for the icon. Remember that if your presistant enough. And with the right documentation. Anything can be done. Victory is sweet. Pics to come when I get my New Ride. Super stoked!!!! thanks Jeff for the assistance. And help. A lot of it was the right documentation. And the patience. Trust me I wasn't happy with all the bull. But it paid off. And I think they figured this poor guy needs a break! The last 2 yrs have been Hell. It will get better. And will change. And I believe this is the beginning to a great start of a new year.
    Last edited by randomryan007; 02-28-2013 at 04:31 PM.

congrats!!!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

congrats
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

yes!!
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

lots of pics to come when I get my bad boy! I am sure i will have to tinker with this and that. till I get that perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    After almost a year and a half of my ot and I documenting, documenting, and documenting. Then fighting with the dme. Ect Ect Ect. We have made it through. My insurance company gave me a full approval on the Icon . And everything my ot asked for witch is pretty awesome. What I suprise I had when I was called by my insurance and my dme. The dme was quite shocked that my insurance agreed to paying for the icon. Remember that if your presistant enough. And with the right documentation. Anything can be done. Victory is sweet. Pics to come when I get my New Ride. Super stoked!!!! thanks Jeff for the assistance. And help. A lot of it was the right documentation. And the patience. Trust me I wasn't happy with all the bull. But it paid off. And I think they figured this poor guy needs a break! The last 2 yrs have been Hell. It will get better. And will change. And I believe this is the beginning to a great start of a new year.
    Congrats on getting approval!! With that said, it is extremely sad and infuriating that it took 1.5 years. I ran into the same thing of having to fight the DME. After 6 months and the DME still not sending in paperwork to the insurance company (although they lied and said they did), I gave up. The DME I was working with, in my opinion, were looking for the highest profit margin and the ICON did not provide it. I will be getting a chair off eBay as soon as one posts close to my size.
    There is no such thing as a stupid question but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots. -modified from despair.com

So happy for you randomryan007. Persistence is definitely the name of the game in this racket with funding. Well done!!! The bull is hell, and you sound like you have really have been through it, but I think it really pays off in the end. I hear of some giving up only a few months into the process, and all I can tell them is that it is worth the fight to get what you need. It's even more sweet after all the blood, sweat and tears. I think you did what we did, and just wore them out. My husbands new chair should arrive in the next week or so. I thought we had it bad with starting over 1+ year ago, but officially with paperwork only 10 months ago. I think you set a new record for bureaucratic hell!

To all of those who are frustrated, just keep fighting the good fight. In the words of Tennyson "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"...
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

6 months .. I wish and dream. What's funny is people cave to what ever the dime wants. I learned that if you need or want something then you must work for it. Don't just let them push you around . Push back. Even thou I am rough on my chairs. With the right chair you won't need to replace it every 5 years. Maybe fix something or repair something. I had a chair for 10 yrs. and all I every did was maintance and replacements or parts. Also even thou I was rough on the chair I took care of it. My hope are that this chair does the same as the one mentioned above. Or even better. I am pretty stoked. And I am confident in the compony. I know Icon will take care of things. Although I am pretty attached to my marvel. I have fabricated parts for my marvel. And have some pretty awesome bearings in my marvel. And it's set up for me! My Icon is going to take time to make it fit me but anything that's worth it takes time to make it yours and fit you. All I can say to anyone going through the process .... Is to be patient all good things come to those who wait! Smile it only gets better

Update Icon I pretty sure has my order other parts have now been ordered. I am hoping my new wheels are here by my birthday

Right on congrats sounds like you are sure this is the one for you.Black on black? I'll keep an eye out for pictures.

6 months .. I wish and dream. What's funny is people cave to what ever the dime wants. I learned that if you need or want something then you must work for it.
    I had this exact conversation with a guy last week. I cannot stress to people enough that they will always be their own best advocate. Yes that often means some WORK. Good for you.

I have fabricated parts for my marvel.
    badass. I love it.