Thread: New walk

New walk

Yesterday needed go bsthroom. I hsve nothing changed in house. Toilet actually a custom low one. Since not wed go very bad decided try walker. This from about my bed, through doorframe into bathroom. Bathroom into toilet room from there. Park wheelchair at bed. 2-3 steps with walker and scared shitless. Tempted turn around. Only other time ever tried, mad to toilet and crawl back. Well decided keep going. Made all the way to toilet, but that in a tight area. Walker actually block part of toilet. Somehow turn myself around and sit on toilet. Jeans down from there and do what needed be done. Now last only time ever tried I quit because could not get up from toilet onto walker Got jeans up sittig on toilet. Got up failry easy and did walk back to wheelchair. Was scafred, BUT THIS IS HUGE!!!

great, every gain is wonderful, keep it up.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

You will never know what you can do until your back is against the wall. Keep fighting!

Blessings

It is huge! Every time we try something new, it's terrifying. Then, the next time, slightly less terrifying. After awhile, just a little scary...and we can all live with that. Good job!

One step at a time

Those feet do a ton of things for us. Was always stuck trying to t extend foot toes, but stuck doing opposite. Somehow seemed neurologic kicked in and felt like started doing that. We will but my legs have really been feeling great. Will say my ass is killing me. But hope from new action.

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    Good going!!!
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Pretty much have to and underilet run down with walker. Walk to toilet, turn around, walk backward with walker if required, jeans and underwear down and sit. Do the work. Stand back up. Clothes back on. Walk back to wheelchair. This a good deal.

Also, last few days, seem to actually have foot/ankle doing work for taking these steps. Cannot describe, but those ankles/feet dot tons of things for you in initiating steps as well as the receiver leg. The seem to magically coordinate a lot of upper body weight transfer in performing each step.