Thread: Kid hit me

Kid hit me

Just wondering what folks think of this. After decades in a wheelchair this is a first: While in check-out lane at store, a kid about 4, standing next to his mom's cart, walked over to the side of my wheelchair and punched me hard enough in my side to have me call out loud something like "Whaa?" Quickly realized it was the little kid; the hit didn't hurt at all, but was hard enough I first thought an adult was falling into me.
    I overheard the mom lean over to him saying something like 'you apologize'. She said nothing to me, he said nothing.
    It kinda bothered me - so surprised a small kid would do this.

It could be the kid had autism or something. Our local police chief got shot in his foot with his holstered pistol by a kid who was mentally challenged. The kid managed to get to the trigger.

I would have spoken directly to the mother immediately about this. While it may be the case that the child has autism or some type of behavioral problem, the parent is responsible for managing the child's behavior in public, and taking measures to prevent such an assault (which it is) in the future. Failure to do so could result in the child injuring someone else in the future, and possibly having retaliatory action taken against the child.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    I hoped you'd get a few shots in at that little bugger before you left the store.
    Did you cry?
    Kidding aside, I would think the boy's mom might have explained his behavior. Crazy world.