Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colours Spazz Wheelchair

Colours Spazz Wheelchair

Im currently looking to go from a folding chair to a rigid chair. Anyone have the Colours Spazz chair? If so ow do you like it? What about the Spazz compared to the Eclipse?

http://www.colourswheelchair.com/pro...prod_spazz.htm

http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/spec.cfm?prodid=69827

http://www.spinlife.com/critpath/spec.cfm?prodid=280

get the eclipse. best chair ive ran. i have had 8-10 of them. or the zephyr, its even ligfhter., john box, the owner is a fantastic guy, hes a para as well

2 blocks away from the Real Housewives of Orange County
    John Box and his entire group are wonderful people! I have the luxury of living only a few minutes away from their shop. I take my chair to them for repairs and tune-ups all the time, even though it's not a Colours chair. They have great service!

I have to say, though, my first chair was the Eclipse. I hated it. Once I began driving again, it was hard to put in the car. The frame is very boxy and not compact at all. It was a really hard fit to get it between me, and the steering wheel, and then throw it in the back seat.

If you're looking for a new chair, I'd try one of the newer Titanium chairs. My current chair is the Terminator (not titanium). It was wonderfully light and compact compared to the Eclipse. I'll be getting my new chair, a Quickie Titanium in a matter of days. I can't wait to see how it fits in my car!

I'm an administrative assistant who works for 70 engineers at a cellular company. I'm NOT a wheelchair sales person, so this is only my opinion. Chairs are so expensive these days, and the right one is really important to get. Even I am apprehensive that I may not like my new titanium chair! I've had bad experiences with being "fit" properly, and you can't just take back a custom made chair, or have insurance get a new one. Personally, I am not enthused about being fit for a chair by someone who is a complete stranger and may never see me again, but that's where faith comes in.

Bottom line, weigh all your options. Good luck!

JMD, I'm in the same boat as you. Currently I'm in a Quickie 2HP folding chair and will be going to a non-folding rigid frame chair. The TiLite chairs look awfully sweet to me. I'm going for a seating evaluation in about 3 weeks. I hope it's not a waste of time. I'd be intersted in knowing what other folks have for a manual chair and how they like/dislike about it.

I have purchased a colour wheelchair (spazz) about 2 years ago.. and 15 days ago, I broke the frame.... By doing nothing.. I just transfer from car to the chair, so no hard use on the chair...
    They have a life time warranty, so that they accept to fix the chair.. But I am really worried now. I was planning to buy a tennis wheelchair from them, but I am not going to...
    Not very reliable chair unfortunately..

www.bestpromotionals.com
    Promotional Products and Ideas for every event, organization

Originally posted by SeattleDays:

I have purchased a colour wheelchair (spazz) about 2 years ago.. and 15 days ago, I broke the frame.... By doing nothing.. I just transfer from car to the chair, so no hard use on the chair...
    They have a life time warranty, so that they accept to fix the chair.. But I am really worried now. I was planning to buy a tennis wheelchair from them, but I am not going to...
    Not very reliable chair unfortunately..

http://www.bestpromotionals.com
    just a fluke. ive had 8-10 colours chairs, never any issues.

Originally posted by fuentejps:

Why have you been through so many of them then?

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by jimnms:

Originally posted by fuentejps:
    Why have you been through so many of them then?

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
    I get a new chair every 1-1.5 years. im a proffesional. so i wont go to work w/ a banged up chair. and i beat my chairs hard.

This is what happened to me with Color Spazz..
    And they said me that they will send me an another one, for fix my chair in 2 months.... I wonder what takes them 2 months to send me a chair?
    Luckly I still keep my old one, but I wonder what would people do if they do not have an extra one..

www.bestpromotionals.com

Whoa... that spazz looks tight!

Building a house; check it out