Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CREEPY IS AS CREEPY DOES: The Secret World of Disability Trolls

CREEPY IS AS CREEPY DOES: The Secret World of Disability Trolls

CREEPY IS AS CREEPY DOES
    The Secret World of Disability Trolls: Pretenders, Stalkers, and Predators

is a easy reading booklet that exposes the victimization of the Disability Community by predators on Facebook.

READ IT ON FACEBOOK:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

DOWNLOAD AS A PDF FILE:
    http://www.not-me.org/creepyisascreepydoes.pdf

VIEW IT ON BRAINSHARK
    http://my.brainshark.com/CREEPY-IS-A...DOES-476149274

This booklet has been brought to you by the
    501(c)3 Self-Defense non-profit NOT-ME! http://www.not-me.org

Yep. There is some good advice in there for people here as well. They also love the abilities expos, it is like going to disneyland for them. One reason I will never go to one.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Yep. There is some good advice in there for people here as well. They also love the abilities expos, it is like going to disneyland for them. One reason I will never go to one.
    Never thought about the abilities expos like that...damn. And I thought they were kinda neat with all the adapted equipment to check out *facepalm*

Why do people have to be so fucking creepy and ruin things??

I have been to the expo in San Jose (and am going to LA as well) and never noticed or even remotely felt a creeper..and the people I meet and info I did receive made it so beneficial. Really to let these individuals stop us from doing what is fun, healthy or normal is not the answer. That would be like telling a hot woman not to go out in public as men might/would be leering at her...not a way to live a life imo.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    I have been to the expo in San Jose (and am going to LA as well) and never noticed or even remotely felt a creeper..and the people I meet and info I did receive made it so beneficial. Really to let these individuals stop us from doing what is fun, healthy or normal is not the answer. That would be like telling a hot woman not to go out in public as men might/would be leering at her...not a way to live a life imo.
    Exactly, might as well just stay inside if afraid of the dreaded devo. When I went to the expo years ago, the organizers were aware of these people and if a guy looked out of place they were asked to leave. I'm sure some go undetected though.

Are you having a booth at the expo SRSR? I'm thinking about going to the LA expo.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Exactly, might as well just stay inside if afraid of the dreaded devo. When I went to the expo years ago, the organizers were aware of these people and if a guy looked out of place they were asked to leave. I'm sure some go undetected though.

Are you having a booth at the expo SRSR? I'm thinking about going to the LA expo.
    I hope to meet you finally! No booth, but will be there on behalf of PhotoAbility.net. YAY! GO!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    I hope to meet you finally! No booth, but will be there on behalf of PhotoAbility.net. YAY! GO!
    I know, that would be so cool. I'll do my best to get down there. I assume your flying? How you getting to airport to hotel or expo? I want to fly but not sure they have hc taxis there.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I know, that would be so cool. I'll do my best to get down there. I assume your flying? How you getting to airport to hotel or expo? I want to fly but not sure they have hc taxis there.
    Yes. flying from MIA alone (hate) I am getting picked up from airport by family member who lives there, and staying at a expo hotel, but I do hear it is a little bit of a push to Expo, so I need to get myself in shape!

or need a smartdrive!

I am sure they have accessible taxis in LA!

Blog Entries
    WTF is a Disability Troll anyway? I'm gathering it's some AB stalker type?
    Exactly why would they do this?
    Geeze, it's a snowy day in hell someone pays me mind when I want it, let alone..

"These women were from diverse locations and
    social groups. Out of fifty women, forty seven had
    Disability Trolls in their Facebook Friend List.
    Each woman had an average of ten Trolls in her
    List"

Am I the only one who thinks that statistic is stretched a bit too far to believe?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.