Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joni Eareckson Tada & husband publish book on their marriage

Joni Eareckson Tada & husband publish book on their marriage

Joni is such an amazing lady, and she and her husband (married since 1983, they met at church) have had one epic relationship all these years....which really has never been profiled much anywhere, until now.

Their book is called "Joni & Ken: An Untold Love Story" and it looks so good! Has anyone read it yet? Here's my blog post on her (plus a really cute picture of she and her husband) http://www.spinalpedia.com/blog/2013...areckson-tada/
    May the fetus you save be gay

I barely got through her NM interview years back. Glad that stuff works for her but wish she'd add disclaimers to her fans about preaching to the rest of us.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

One of the most frequent comments I've heard since getting injured is "that Joni is a real inspiration".

It's like that is the only way that some people can relate to me.

More power to them. For my money, I'll take Hockenberry knifing the tire of the cab that wouldn't load his chair in the snow, on Christmas Eve.

Inspiration sure comes in different forms. Somebody left me a Joni book in rehab. I was in a religious phase (no atheists in foxholes, but that preceded the sci), but it was too saccharine for me, even then.

Hockenberry being hardheaded and determined to conquer the subway stairs? That inspired me. Him bonding w/ the Palestinian kid? Inspiring. Even in his older years, he surprises me. Joni just...doesn't.

But she's played the cards she was dealt. She had a much higher injury, never got bitter, and my hat's off to her for that.

Saw her on the Doctors...she looks amazing..I want to know her beauty secrets! And her husband was a sweetie. They seemed very in love still.

She raises a lot of money via her "network" of believers. It works for her and them. so be it.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

i love her love story w/ her husband! lol in fact, its the only thing i really like abou her
    May the fetus you save be gay

Letter from Joni

I got a letter from Joni when I was in the hospital. At that time I didn't know who she was. The letter got passed around to the physical therapists.

Ti
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

I met Joni in 1980 at one of her inspirational speeches.

is she the girl the movie "other side of mountain" is about ?

Quote Originally Posted by minniemouse12 View Post
    is she the girl the movie "other side of mountain" is about ?
    No. Two different women. "The Other Side of the Mountain" was written about Jill Kinmont Boothe, an Olympics-bound skier who was injured in a ski accident in 1955. A movie made in 1975 was based on the book. She died in 2012.

Joni Eareckson-Tada was the subject and author of the book "Joni" and was injured in a diving accident in 1967. She runs a foundation called "Joni and Friends" and is married to Ken Tada. She is still very much alive (and just wrote the book listed above). I most recently saw her speak as the key-note speaker at the Assn. of Rehabilitation Nurses conference in October 2014.

(KLD)