Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quadgrips new sram double tap quad shifter

quadgrips new sram double tap quad shifter

i put these in my bike-on quad elite top end rx thread too. here http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...57#post1661257

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

i have about 50 miles on these in the trainer. friggin awesome Quadgrips killed it.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

here ya go video.
    im running a 10 speed double set 38/23 rotor q rings on a custom bike-on spider
    http://youtu.be/xBnGgu5ToO4

1 click forward to downshift and 2 clicks forward to upshift
    Last edited by fuentejps; 03-13-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Those are the best shifters I've seen John. You're just runing a double set of Q rings now? Is it because you didn't use your 44?

Boy sure wish I were young again, the bikes out there are awesome and getting better all the time.

To think there was a time when my handcycle was booed at various tournaments for being geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Those are the best shifters I've seen John. You're just runing a double set of Q rings now? Is it because you didn't use your 44?

Boy sure wish I were young again, the bikes out there are awesome and getting better all the time.

To think there was a time when my handcycle was booed at various tournaments for being geared.
    ya pat, scott wanted me to r&d them so we have that to offer as well. the shift is supper smooth on a double. and frankly for a higher quad the 38th is plenty paired with 11-36 cassette. i rairly used my 44th.
    the new shiufters are by far the best ive ever used. the sram 10sp components are a step above the shimano xtr gear i ran before. 9m running xx derailluers with double tap shifters.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Ok guys I need help!! I'm doing a ride in late April and I have terrible shifter set up. Bike-on did it but in surprised they set it up like that for a quad. It's all in the middle with these tiny knobs and I have to pull my hand out of the thing and slam the gears with my wrists. I went 6 miles the other day on the middle of the middle gear and just never changed it. So hard uphill.

What do I need to do for the least amount of money. 15 miles a day for 3 days is my goal

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post
    Ok guys I need help!! I'm doing a ride in late April and I have terrible shifter set up. Bike-on did it but in surprised they set it up like that for a quad. It's all in the middle with these tiny knobs and I have to pull my hand out of the thing and slam the gears with my wrists. I went 6 miles the other day on the middle of the middle gear and just never changed it. So hard uphill.

What do I need to do for the least amount of money. 15 miles a day for 3 days is my goal
    Ease of shifting is one of the single most important factors. If you find it uncomfortable to shift, you won't always shift when you need to and that is going to end up being a lot more stress on your shoulders.

Don't think of this as 15 miles over 3 days, a month away isn't an emergency fix. What you need is the most comfortable system you can afford. This is going to effect the quality of every mile on every ride you make in the future.

I'm going to list some systems, starting with the ridiculously expensive.

•Electric shifters. Shimano Di2. Price, upwards of $2k. HOWEVER, try contacting the head office directly at (949) 951-5003 and ask for their liaison for disabled riders. I don't have his number anymore, but as of 2011 they were offering disabled riders the same discount employees get. You in particular, with your high media profile, might be a candidate for sponsorship.

•The Quad Elite Shifters seen in this thread. Price: $1100-ish.

•Replace the levers. Custom work by a local shop, probably under $200, but if they have to fabricate new levers it will be on the high side and if there is an off the shelf solution it will be a lot lower. You still have to pull your hand out, but you should be able to easily move the levers.

First thing though, call BikeOn today. They are good people and take pride in their work. The want to help you have a great ride, and right now you aren't.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Quote Originally Posted by ECUrach85 View Post

shoot me an email john@bike-on.com or give me a call 1-888-424-5366 x 103 im the quad elite guy. that setup is how it was done pre quad elite.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

another vid. in this one you can see the derailluer move while clicking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB3hhN1S44w
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    shoot me an email john@bike-on.com or give me a call 1-888-424-5366 x 103 im the quad elite guy. that setup is how it was done pre quad elite.
    Emailed you. Yea I need help