Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Getting new TiLite chair, from Q7 to Tilite

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Thanks! But I looked at that site when the OP posted a link, I couldn't find anything with products just marketing for the model.

I looked again at the US quickie q7 replacement parts site and there still isn't a carbon fiber fendered version. Also, in the photos of the OPs chair it looked like aluminum fender not carbon fiber? But of course its hard to tell unless you can see the tell tale weave of the carbon fabric.

Good to know with the 2 point you can adjust as far back as a fabric back. One thing I've been wondering is with the lighter weight hardware backs, do any of them come with the same shape at the top as the mid thoracic Jay 3? I've only seen a sort of flat across the top shape of the ADI and Roho but maybes thats just because its more common to see the lower lumbar only backs. The curved shape at the top of my Jay 3 allows me to have it positioned higher without getting in the way of my shoulder blade movement. I'd like to get a lighter weight back on my next chair, especially since I can take my custom foam blocks right off the Jay3 and put them on any other back by adding velcro.
    The Jay hardware is the set with the most adjustability that I have seen. Looks a bit "medical" for my tastes, not that the chair isn't already a dead give away!

Depth and width are limited on my 2 point to .5" from spec in both directions. Basically, only about an inch wider/narrower or deeper/shallower.

Enough, though, IMO.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    The Jay hardware is the set with the most adjustability that I have seen. Looks a bit "medical" for my tastes, not that the chair isn't already a dead give away!

Depth and width are limited on my 2 point to .5" from spec in both directions. Basically, only about an inch wider/narrower or deeper/shallower.

Enough, though, IMO.
    i was trying to find out this exactly, so thank you! actually, is that .5" (as in 13mm) approximately or precisely?

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    i was trying to find out this exactly, so thank you! actually, is that .5" (as in 13mm) approximately or precisely?

Approximately precise.

For width adjustment, it's correct. .5" adjustment wider or narrower on each side. 16"W, spec'd with 2 Point, Jetstream can fit a 15" or a 17" wide back. Making it wider also sinks the shell a tad back between the canes, while making it narrower pushes it forware a bit more than stock. Width adjustment slightly alters depth.

The depth adjustment looks to my eye to have exactly twice the extra track for sliding back and forth than the width track has, but that's approximate.

We all probably sit with different pressure on our backrests, so the cushion compression will play into depth, too. I've fabricated my own cushions, to help address some seating issues, using layers of Varilite Cheatsheets custom trimmed to build up the base contours I need, with foam from a fabric shop over top.

I'd get the right size, personally, if the option is available.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Finally, i got my CAD drawing today

I'm thinking to change following

RSH 16"
    Footrest width 11"
    front angle 80 deg
    COG 5"

Now, I'm not sure weather to go with
    80 deg frame angle
    or 85 deg and +1" frame depth

any suggestions?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick87 View Post
    Finally, i got my CAD drawing today
    Yeah. Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Nick87 View Post
    Now, I'm not sure weather to go with
    80 deg frame angle
    or 85 deg and +1" frame depth

any suggestions?

thanks!
    As long as your OFL remains 24.1", the front-end angle will make little difference; caster size options are fewer with a sharper angle but 4" casters are available with either angle.

Your chair looks almost exactly like I hope my next chair will look like.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 04-03-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>