Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting new TiLite chair, from Q7 to Tilite

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    And yes you typically lose seat depth with a hard shell back, the Jay3 hardware is the exception to that rule.

ADI, and Varilite, also have depth adjustable hardware available. Been using adjustable '2 Point' hardware from ADI for ~6 years. Works well for ~1" fore and aft wiggle room.
    Last edited by DaleB; 02-27-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Removed "pro" from "2 point". The "pro" version is newer.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    ADI, and Varilite, also have depth adjustable hardware available. Been using adjustable '2 Point Pro' hardware from ADI for ~6 years. Works well for ~1" fore and aft wiggle room.
    Yeah, and I have a Jetstream Pro with the fixed hardware, it easily adjusts back to where a cloth back would be.

t8, does it mean that you didnt lose any seat depth with JetStream?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick87 View Post
    t8, does it mean that you didnt lose any seat depth with JetStream?
    It means you can adjust it so you don't lose any seat depth.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    that's good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Whoa! Hold on there, partner!

ADI Designs makes the Roho JetStream and also markets their own line of nearly identical carbon fiber backs. Not all of the mounting hardware they offer allows for depth adjustment. For example, my ADI back has their Fixed Elite mounting hardware and it's. . . fixed.

Explore the ADI website to preview the options available.
    Last edited by stephen212; 02-27-2013 at 05:48 PM.

I'd really like to try a fixed back again, such as the ADI CF with fixed elite hardware, but between the cost and possibility of not being able to return it if it doesn't work keeps from doing so.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

I have 3. 2 Jetstreams and 1 ADI 10" in CF.

The ADI and 1 Jetsteam have "Fixed Elite" mounts. No adjustments.

The other Jetstream has the old style ADI "2 point" hardware, which uses brackets very similar to the Fixed Elite, with another mating bracket between the cane clamps and the shell.

This additional bracket allows angle, width, and depth adjustments.

No longer available on ADI products, but is still what comes on Jetstreams ordered with "adjustable" option.

The newer ADI products have "2 Point Pro" hardware option, which replaced and allows similar adjustability as the old "2 Point", that Roho still uses.

I think.

Maybe Todd, ADI will chime in, as the product has evolved.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Whoa! Hold on there, partner!

ADI Designs makes the Roho JetStream and also markets their own line of nearly identical carbon fiber backs. Not all of the mounting hardware they offer allows for depth adjustment. For example, my ADI back has their Fixed Elite mounting hardware and it's. . . fixed.

Explore the ADI website to preview the options available.
    The mounting hardware on both my Jetstream backs looks different from that and adjusts front to back about 1.5 inches. Sorry for the confusion.

ETA: What Dale said.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Lin, you can look at European options here but at European prices
    Thanks! But I looked at that site when the OP posted a link, I couldn't find anything with products just marketing for the model.

I looked again at the US quickie q7 replacement parts site and there still isn't a carbon fiber fendered version. Also, in the photos of the OPs chair it looked like aluminum fender not carbon fiber? But of course its hard to tell unless you can see the tell tale weave of the carbon fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    ADI, and Varilite, also have depth adjustable hardware available. Been using adjustable '2 Point' hardware from ADI for ~6 years. Works well for ~1" fore and aft wiggle room.
    Good to know with the 2 point you can adjust as far back as a fabric back. One thing I've been wondering is with the lighter weight hardware backs, do any of them come with the same shape at the top as the mid thoracic Jay 3? I've only seen a sort of flat across the top shape of the ADI and Roho but maybes thats just because its more common to see the lower lumbar only backs. The curved shape at the top of my Jay 3 allows me to have it positioned higher without getting in the way of my shoulder blade movement. I'd like to get a lighter weight back on my next chair, especially since I can take my custom foam blocks right off the Jay3 and put them on any other back by adding velcro.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.