Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living on campus

Living on campus

I'm finally getting my crap together and getting ready to go to school. It's down in Tempe, roughly 20 miles from where I live. I'm having issues with caregivers right now and one of my living coordinators mentioned that I can live on campus in a dorm. Has anyone else done this? I feel like I would be the creepy old guy in the wheelchair down the hall. LOL. I'm worried I might break my neck again staring at all the 19-year-old booty. Ha ha. Would you do it?
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    I'm finally getting my crap together and getting ready to go to school. It's down in Tempe, roughly 20 miles from where I live. I'm having issues with caregivers right now and one of my living coordinators mentioned that I can live on campus in a dorm. Has anyone else done this? I feel like I would be the creepy old guy in the wheelchair down the hall. LOL. I'm worried I might break my neck again staring at all the 19-year-old booty. Ha ha. Would you do it?
    I know your right.

are you healed up, if not, you are setting yopurself up for failure.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Blog Entries
    If it doesn't work out can you move back home? The booty is there for on and off campus student viewing.

I'm happy you are getting on with your life Ryan, especially with what has been happening at home.
    You have worked at getting healed, so take it slowly as skin is a priority. Good luck!

Happy for you! Try it for a year! Here the age to start drinking is 19, so we get a lot of 19-20yr old Americans flooding our border town to imbibe.. You'll be the go-to guy to score booze! lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I did it when I was a newbie [20yrs +] but I was independent.

You would be the "old man" at the end of the hall.

Maybe the young female coeds would seek out your advice or a shoulder to cry on, hmm....

I'd ask one of your living coordinators to give you an update on what is normal and what is sexual harassment these days. And be hyper vigilant of your skin.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

you still would need to arrange who would do your care, that is not provided for by the college/universities.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Hope you are all healed and have a plan to stay pressure sore free. If you lived in a dorm, would you have a private room? Sharing a room with an able bodied student may be more sharing than you wish to do, when it comes to the quad care you need. Might there be a possibility that you would share a room with another quad and maybe share caregivers too?

Good luck!!!

All the best,
    GJ