Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tires

I can certainly vouch for Schwalbe tyres creating the least noise of any tyres I have tried on a vinyl floor. My place is fully vinyl and I was previously using Primo tyres and the screeching was not only irritating me, it was also irritating everybody in the family, so despite the price it will be Schwalbe Marathon Plus from here on end. The E-Motion wheels came with Schwalbe right runs and that was when I first realised Schwalbe tyres made far less noise than I was previously experiencing.

Similar experience here, I had primo grey everydays and the squeaking drove me nuts. Ever since I got Right Runs its been silent.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Yeah. I am this so-called "expert.." Try runnin narrow rear and wide front through gravel or grass. I can probably crawl faster than you can push. All I am trying to do is provide thought so someone has something to think about and does NOT waste their money.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    I know you are the expert, but the spinergy rims can be used with different width tires. Just look at an order sheet from a wheelchair company and see what sizes are available on the same rim. a 1" rim doesn't have to have the same width tire

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Yeah. I am this so-called "expert.." Try runnin narrow rear and wide front through gravel or grass. I can probably crawl faster than you can push. All I am trying to do is provide thought so someone has something to think about and does NOT waste their money.
    Well Mr. know-it-all, I bet there are many in here running frog legs with 1" right runs or marathons on rear and have absolutely no problems. When I was running FL it was easier in gravel and grass than 1" caster, so your theory regarding this matter sucks.

Gotta say, I run 1" rear and 1.5" casters and my chair runs better than before with the wider rear tires! And it happened to be jschism that helped me when I was debating switching, couldn't be happier.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post

Have you ever thought about doing stand-up?
    A dude in a chair doing stand-up comedy? I once tried out for stand up comedy but when I rolled onto the stage they kicked me off and said I don't qualify.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8