Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Airport Miracles

The Airport Miracles

If you need a wheelchair attendant next time you are traveling through an airport, be prepared to wait even if you book attendant services in advance. Seems like TABs (Temporarily Able Bodied, as a physical therapist in rehab used to call able bodied people-they are only a slip and fall or a car accident away) are using airport wheelchair attendant services to speed them through luggage check in, security lines, and gate check in.

According to an article in today's Wall Street Journal, wheelchair attendants are seeing perfectly able and fit people jumping out of these reserved airport wheelchairs and running to their gates once they have been whisked to the front of the security line and fast tracked through long lines. So much abuse of this service is happening that attendants have begun to call these people "Miracles." They come in "needing" wheelchair transport and end up leaping out of the wheelchairs as is miraculously cured.

Read more here:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...013488332.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2013...air-imposters/

All the best,
    GJ

seen it. what else is new? as soon as they fix this problem they can get on the problem of giving out hang tags for every overweight, sore-backed & hurt kneed person who whines to their doctor.

Latest handicap service abuse by AB's

Bastards, be nice if they could make them miss their flights....

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/long-l...021200026.html
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I've come to realize that the majority of the world is all about "me". Whatever can be done to make it easier for themselves, they'll do it.

I wonder if I've become bitter over the years?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Now I understand their attitude. You see before I became wheelchair bound, I used to to have to call for a wheelchair at the airport. When we would arrive at the gate the pusher would act like, get out, expecting me to jump up and take off, which was *not* going to happen. I could hardly stand from a sitting position.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Good Lord - That is worse than parking in a disabled spot. Some people have no consideration.

It gets worse. These miracle people take the wheelchairs on the destination end too. You've seen the pushers standing with chairs at the plane door. Well there is no ID check, they just look at the passengers and say "for you?" or offer a name. Half the time by time I got there, there were none left.

One time coming back from Mexico, and the long way through customs without a wheelchair we spotted someones desk chair. Since it had rollers, my wife grabbed it and pushed me most of the way to customs. It was either that or if I tried walking, paralysis would set in and they would have to get busy, so screw um.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    If you need a wheelchair attendant next time you are traveling through an airport, be prepared to wait even if you book attendant services in advance. Seems like TABs (Temporarily Able Bodied, as a physical therapist in rehab used to call able bodied people-they are only a slip and fall or a car accident away) are using airport wheelchair attendant services to speed them through luggage check in, security lines, and gate check in.

According to an article in today's Wall Street Journal, wheelchair attendants are seeing perfectly able and fit people jumping out of these reserved airport wheelchairs and running to their gates once they have been whisked to the front of the security line and fast tracked through long lines. So much abuse of this service is happening that attendants have begun to call these people "Miracles." They come in "needing" wheelchair transport and end up leaping out of the wheelchairs as is miraculously cured.

Read more here:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...013488332.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2013...air-imposters/

All the best,
    GJ
    unf., old news. same in hotels, theme parks, etc.

What a complete marketing failure. The airlines could be making money hand over fist by offering a service.

Are you Suffering, but too Atheistic or Sinful to expect Miracles from Prayer?
    Come Fly with Miracle Air!
    Our Certified Red Caps will Push all your Maladies Away with a Short Ride to the Gate.
    You can Upgrade your Ride to Bypass all lines in Security and Customs.
    We Guarantee Results!

conditions and terms apply. *if there are no results, only your tip will be refunded. not liable for chicken blood on your clothes
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    unf., old news. same in hotels, theme parks, etc.
    Yes, it is old news to all of us. However, when it appears in the nationwide press, it can heighten awareness of the public. That is a good thing.

All the best,
    GJ