Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Airport Miracles

It there is a hell, may they rot there...in wheelchairs.

I notice airlines trying to give people's personal chairs to all and sundry. Last trip I was offered a spiffy lime-green number. Its owner and I wound up in the same elevator. We laughed hard-she said "I'd never fit my butt in your chair!" I told her she was lucky I didn't take hers...mine is the color of beat-up and filthy dirty titanium!
    Last edited by betheny; 02-24-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: L key flaking out

More able-bodied travelers request wheelchairs to line jump

More able-bodied travelers have apparently figured out they can request wheelchairs for convenience, getting them to the front of lines, but making waits a lot longer for travelers with genuine needs: http://yhoo.it/VAvnzX
    Daniel

We do not have that problem here because we are never front in line. We have to wait like everybody else
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    We do not have that problem here because we are never front in line. We have to wait like everybody else
    oh the HORROR!~

I need to get in front of line as they hold me up for 10-15 minutes waiting for the "female agent please" who is never readily present to do my thorough pat down! Those I buted in line are way ahead of me by the time I leave the security area.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    unf., old news. same in hotels, theme parks, etc.
    It was happening big time here during Expo 86. Especially as the end of the fair approached

IsMaisin said it for me; someone should capitalize on this, in such a manner that doesn't inconvenience the real wheelchair users. Maybe offer a concierge service for a prepaid fee to lead people through the airport, help them with their bags, even provide a ride on one of their electric vehicles. They shouldn't be allowed to jump to the head of the security line though; maybe such a concierge service could set them up with food or entertainment while they wait instead.

unf., old news. same in hotels, theme parks, etc.
    .......... accessible cabins on cruise ships.

once abs find out w/c accessible rooms are bigger, they book them. i actually have confronted both hotels and ab patrons. the hotels say unless the ab guest agrees to move out of w/c accessible, they can do nothing. cruiseships, like hotels, don't really check or care. it is very, very frustrating. i, personally, wish these abs never found out. i once encountered a whole airline crew taking up w/c accessible rooms in hotel. i can't even stomach ppl like paracathy who do it for fun.

once abs find out w/c accessible rooms are bigger, they book them. i actually have confronted both hotels and ab patrons. the hotels say unless the ab guest agrees to move out of w/c accessible, they can do nothing. cruiseships, like hotels, don't really check or care. it is very, very frustrating. i, personally, wish these abs never found out. i once encountered a whole airline crew taking up w/c accessible rooms in hotel. i can't even stomach ppl like paracathy who do it for fun.
    So true, it all makes sense now. It should be easy to get a HC room, but often it is not, and how many times have you seen a wheelchair? The only time I recall is at a hc convention.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

My stepmom book accessible rooms. And she calls herself a nurse.