Thread: For those on Medicare (Catheter kit question)

For those on Medicare (Catheter kit question)

and use the Bard or similar catheter kits, does your supplier pick up the 20% copay? If yes, whom do you use? I can no longer use United Medical Providers and need referrals.
    And the truth shall set you free.

music city medical in murfreesboro, tn. does mine............

not sure which one you use I use a closed system touchless and use wilmington medical supply in NC and I do not have to pay my co-pay which would be around $260.00 a month. You do have to sign a form stating that you are not able to pay.....

Little bit more info:

Apparently I have been UTI free for too long. I have always used the Touchless kits and there was never an issue until now. I need a place that wont require me to put myself in harms way, start from scratch, have a fever of 100.4 plus colonization of at least 10k.
    Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 02-19-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    And the truth shall set you free.

I use Summit express. Great people and Steve will work with you. I use the MTG pocket pack catheter kits.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Little bit more info:

Apparently I have been UTI free for too long. I have always used the Touchless kits and there was never an issue until now. I need a place that wont require me to put myself in harms way, start from scratch, have a fever of 100.4 plus colonization of at least 10k.
    They were going to make me jump through that hoop not to long ago, well it may have been 3 or 4 years ago, but then after I complained someone at Wilmington medical supply looked at my file and said I had been on them so long I was grandfathered in and they did not require me to do so. I had not been receiving them for a period of time to work down a back log I had built up. I have been using them for probably over 10 years maybe 15 so depending on how long you have been using them this may apply to you. I do not know if there is anyone at the company you are dealing with that is knowledgeable enough about this but it would not hurt to tell them you know of people that had been using these long term that there seems to be an exception to the rule. Hope this helps.....

I too can't use UMP anymore. New supplimental had a short list. The only one I can get info from wants $150 a month.