Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: force rx quad elite bike-on exclusive

  1. #1

    force rx quad elite bike-on exclusive

    ok guys heres my new quad elite rx.
    we do these exclusively at bike-on
    this bike has
    1. bike-on reverse brake with lever to toggle on/off
    2. quad grips with our newest shifting system using sram dbl taps. works better than the xt shifters.
    3. rotor q rings triple set 44/34/22 on custom bike-on spider
    4. upgraded 10 speed sram xx derailluers

    the one piece rx frame is lighter than my previous quad elite force r. and the newer version has a shorter fork

    with these setups we[quads] no longer need to remove our hands to brake. this makes us much faster and safer.

    the new 2013 rx runs all 10 spd gear.
    i'll be doing some videos showing shifting on the new bike but until then heres a quick vid of shifting on my R.

    feel free to email me with any questions john@bike-on.com
    http://youtu.be/plGM7EwbiEo


    Last edited by fuentejps; 02-17-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  2. #2
    Dang John, I am so blown away. What an incredible bike.

    I remember when Andy Barker and I had a conversation; he mentioned some guy named John asking for information. I told Andy to be good to him as he sounded pretty enthusiastic and could have potential. Andy would be proud of you John.... in his own gruff way that is lol.

    Thanks for carrying the handcycle to the next level. That bike is a beauty.

  3. #3
    Senior Member tooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Thanks for carrying the handcycle to the next level. That bike is a beauty.
    Ditto. I get so tired of hearing from other quads that handcycling isn't for us. Bullshit, from now on I hand out your e-mail address at bike-on.

    Bike on!

  4. #4
    It was difficult to tell from the video, but are you just flicking your wrist to shift? Does a system like that work better than the elbow shifters that bike-on sells. Seeing your pictures makes me want to get an upgrade.
    c6/7 complete

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Dang John, I am so blown away. What an incredible bike.

    I remember when Andy Barker and I had a conversation; he mentioned some guy named John asking for information. I told Andy to be good to him as he sounded pretty enthusiastic and could have potential. Andy would be proud of you John.... in his own gruff way that is lol.

    Thanks for carrying the handcycle to the next level. That bike is a beauty.
    thanks pat

    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Ditto. I get so tired of hearing from other quads that handcycling isn't for us. Bullshit, from now on I hand out your e-mail address at bike-on.

    Bike on!
    you got it tooley, high quads can race and kick ass. handcycling is by far the best sport for overall fitness for quads. i love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin S View Post
    It was difficult to tell from the video, but are you just flicking your wrist to shift? Does a system like that work better than the elbow shifters that bike-on sells. Seeing your pictures makes me want to get an upgrade.
    justin, you are correct, just flicking my wrist. our new dbl tap system is even better. grip mounted shiufters are more efficient, you dont interupt your stroke like you do with elbow shifters. some ppl like them, i personally prefer these. . hit me up we can chat about it in detail.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  6. #6
    That is one sleek beast you got there, John.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Ditto. I get so tired of hearing from other quads that handcycling isn't for us. Bullshit, from now on I hand out your e-mail address at bike-on.

    Bike on!
    Last time I did the NYC Marathon I saw quite a few quads in handcycles.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Last time I did the NYC Marathon I saw quite a few quads in handcycles.
    its normally paraquads stephen. you see very few high quads. i race all over, im normally the only one or maybe 2 of us. thats what tooley means i think.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    its normally paraquads stephen. you see very few high quads. i race all over, im normally the only one or maybe 2 of us. thats what tooley means i think.
    Thanks for clarifying. I usually only notice the array of people racing when we're gathered at the starting area and don't get an opportunity to talk to them.

  10. #10
    Senior Member tooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    its normally paraquads stephen. you see very few high quads. i race all over, im normally the only one or maybe 2 of us. thats what tooley means i think.
    Yeah, I'm in that category myself. With enough grip strength to use un-modified brake system (plus full triceps) i am a hard sell for higher quads than myself that have never ridden because they can't just hop on my bike to try it (safely). Also the transfer is scary to first timers.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 12:41 AM
  2. Force r bike-on quad elite for sale
    By fuentejps in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
  3. full bike-on quad elite force r
    By fuentejps in forum Equipment
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 07:49 AM
  4. Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike
    By willingtocope in forum Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 04:23 PM
  5. Quad's with Force's - need transfer tips!
    By jdugmore in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •