Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: working quads?

working quads?

Ok so now let's hear from those who do work? And possibly what they do for a living? And how long have they been injured and working?

I would like to hear this also, I recieve 1,794.00 a month for myself and 299.00 per kid and I have 3 kids, my healthcare is 100% paid for me no out of pocket cost what so ever. Is it worth going to find a jod as a c5/c6 quad, would my disability be lowered if i work?

c3-c4 (3yrs) i'm an I.T. project manager. Using a smartnav mouse... 2yrs working! have to pay for someone to drive me back & forth to work.

I rent and sell wheelchair vans, which is a huge pain in the ass, but it pays the bills. I'm also a translator and historian, sometimes paid, usually not.

I work at a university in housing (I run a dorm with 700 college students). Already had my masters degree and working in that career before I became a para in 2007.

15 month ago became a quad (C5/6 inc.) from herniated disc. Lucky enough to return to work part time this fall and work my way back up to fulltime. Housing is part of the compensation and the school has made my apt fully accessible to what I want, not just ADA code. I have the option of flexing my hours and working from home if needed.

i work part time dispatch same thing i have done 30yrs. just hand lol the reins to my son when hurt luckly office is 50 feet from house bu this winter i moved it to front bedroom i like it

i would go crazy if i didn/t work

c6c7

Chad (c4/5 complete) was a computer programmer, used a mouthstick to type, for 10 years. Had to pay someone to drive him there, drive back to feed him lunch and cath him, then to drive to bring him home. He retired due to just too many health issues making him miss work constantly about 6 years ago. He made triple what we get in social security, so it was a big adjustment to move to social security, but luckily I have a good job too.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Blog Entries
    I have been self employed since 1972. A Registered Investment Advisor for the last 25 years (I get to play with other people's money). Plan to retire this June.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

I was working for the last 3 years doing construction administrative work on a large government project, but that job is complete and now I've been laid off until the company can hopefully land another project. Before that I spent about 6 years going to college getting a degree, totally unrelated to construction.

At the moment I'm in the process of managing a house renovation, so I'm actually hoping that nothing comes up for a few months.

I work for a large manufacture as a inside sales person. I have been with the company for over 15 years and was moved to this role after my accident.

My office is located in my home and I attend a meeting or two a few times a month about an hour away from home.
    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.