Thread: Tilite axle spacer question

Tilite axle spacer question

I want to do the opposite of what rollin64 was trying to do. That is I want to increase wheel spacing on a Tilite axle tube. What is the maximum space using inserts that they recommend? I could get enough length, but those axle inserts are paper thin and might crack it out too far. They do not compare to Top End or Quickie for mass, but are light weight.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The kit that came with my AeroZ1 had four spacers: two long & two short. I recently installed the longer two in preparation for wider-tire installation. They are each 7/16" long.

Now I can't find the shorter two after I kept track of the loose set for over two years , but they were about a third the length of the longer two.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    The kit that came with my AeroZ1 had four spacers: two long & two short. I recently installed the longer two in preparation for wider-tire installation. They are each 7/16" long.

Now I can't find the shorter two after I kept track of the loose set for over two years , but they were about a third the length of the longer two.
    Thanks, that combination would be about 7/16". I should be okay with 1/2". Now I just need to find something suitable to stick in there.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

i think its not meant to be more than 1.5" total, per side

On the standard TiLite camber tube, 3/4” is the maximum spacing per side. If you don’t have a set of aluminum spacers (the extra ones that come with your chair), and you can’t find anything suitable at a hardware store, then you can buy some here.

http://aluminum-spacers.com/

1.5" is the maximum for non-standard chairs with the adjustable camber system. Keep in mind that we are not talking about "wheel spacing" here. We are referring to camber tube/axle sleeve spacing.
    Last edited by ala; 02-22-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: last two sentences

Quote Originally Posted by ala View Post
    On the standard TiLite camber tube, 3/4” is the maximum spacing per side. If you don’t have a set of aluminum spacers (the extra ones that come with your chair), and you can’t find anything suitable at a hardware store, then you can buy some here.

http://aluminum-spacers.com/

1.5" is the maximum for non-standard chairs with the adjustable camber system. Keep in mind that we are not talking about "wheel spacing" here. We are referring to camber tube/axle sleeve spacing.
    Ah good, that gives me a spacer source if I need it. And 3/4 inch seems reasonable if I need the extra space. Thanks