Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmmm....

Hmmmmm....

From the Eye on Ti newsletter. What could this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    From the Eye on Ti newsletter. What could this mean?
    Looks like a TRA, adjustable RSH

4x4??

It looks like a TR with back end completely redesigned to be one continuous, curving tube.

Must. Know. More. Argggggh!

Maybe a Zr3, they have a Tr3 now, seems like a logical next step.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    It looks like a TR with back end completely redesigned to be one continuous, curving tube.
    With the next generation of Air adjustable upholstery. All because they read what we post on CareCure!

If I had to speculate, I'd guess that they worked out some sort of arrangement to offer some sort of power add-on. I have heard absolutely nothing to substantiate this, but it would make sense for something like the ZX-1 or SmartDrive to use TiLite's sales/distribution channels. Spinergy has been particularly silent about the ZX-1.

I could be completely wrong. We will probably find out at ISS next month in Nashville.

i had the same thoughts about power add-on.
    With the next generation of Air adjustable upholstery. All because they read what we post on CareCure!

If I had to speculate, I'd guess that they worked out some sort of arrangement to offer some sort of power add-on. I have heard absolutely nothing to substantiate this, but it would make sense for something like the ZX-1 or SmartDrive to use TiLite's sales/distribution channels. Spinergy has been particularly silent about the ZX-1.

I could be completely wrong. We will probably find out at ISS next month in Nashville.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

SCI_OTR,

Regarding "What could this mean?"

The picture is a low-vantage-point front view of TiLite's new Aero T wheelchair. The Aero T chair could be loosely considered an aluminum version of TiLite's titanium TR chair.

When compared to TiLite's titanium TR chair, the Aero T chair does exhibit a few differences (e.g., 1.25 inch frame tube diameter rather than 1 inch frame tube diameter, standard TR taper options are Aero T custom modifications, etc.).

The Aero T will be available for ordering in March 2013 from Wheelchair Cushion Sage. The anticipated Aero T retail price is $2395, but that price will be discounted at Wheelchair Cushion Sage.

oh hang on, i dont get the newsletter, are there more photos than the one above? that photo is something along the lines of a tr3 with a strut for an adjustable rsh. right by where the word 'put' is displayed is the underseat rigidizer bar; the word 'ground' is just above the camber bar. it appears to be a tra3 - more accurately i suppose it would be a tra2, but it does seem to have the flowing lower rail of the tr3. i assume the adjustable fsh is just out of the frame. i dont see any kind of backrest (continuous or otherwise) and i dont see upholstery of any kind.

btw, smartdrive appear to have arranged some kind of distribution deal with rgk, although maybe thats europe only.

I did say it was unsubstantiated speculation on my part.

Then again, maybe it is a model they designed specifically to be the platform for the soon to be unveiled super secret power add-on.

Has anyone considered that they might be that diabolically clever with their marketing campaigns?