Thread: Exercise in a Weighted Vest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exercise in a Weighted Vest

Has anyone here ever done exercise with a weighted vest on, either from a seated or more upright, weight bearing position? I've been thinking about the benefits you could possibly get from using one (bone density, increased respiratory and cardiovascular health, increased strength), but want to be cautious and I don't know if there are any possible negative consequences I'm not thinking of. I was just wondering if anyone here and any experience/opinions wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    Has anyone here ever done exercise with a weighted vest on, either from a seated or more upright, weight bearing position? I've been thinking about the benefits you could possibly get from using one (bone density, increased respiratory and cardiovascular health, increased strength), but want to be cautious and I don't know if there are any possible negative consequences I'm not thinking of. I was just wondering if anyone here and any experience/opinions wearing one.
    Sometimes I load a few lbs into my backpack and do 'sit to stands' or box squats.

I have when training for sled hockey. I put a weighted vest on so that I have to skate with additional weight.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I've been considering the weighted vest. Right now I wear 4 pound sand wrist weights for a little extra exercise. I wear them all day to do chores or shop. Hoping some others will give some insight on this as well.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

EVERYONE. Adding that weight is great! The do all day is great! Are you trying to increase strength? Are you trying to increase your endurance? Keep in mind, this takes time. Does not happen overnight. n There are multiple ways to o this, but need to also have your mind ready to do it and stay with it. You may nopt be able to do everyting you are thinking right at the start.

I'm mostly wanting it to help burn some extra calories and strength. Wearing it around the house, during workouts, chores, yard work ect.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

We use both 15 and 25lb weighted vests at Project Walk all the time...

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

ooroad, wearing as you descrube wukk di tibs. Just do not expect any kind of miracle change overnight. This all takes time and with that time you can even slowly increase the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I'm mostly wanting it to help burn some extra calories and strength. Wearing it around the house, during workouts, chores, yard work ect.