Thread: Accessible taxis in Orlando

Accessible taxis in Orlando

Looking for recommendations of taxi companies in Orlando that have accessible taxis. I can transfer out of my chair...but I have power assist wheels so a vehicle with a ramp or lift is going to be the easiest.

I will be staying at a Disney hotel for a week in mid-March, and attending a conference part of the time at another hotel about 6 miles away. Looking to use taxis to get to & from conference each day, have airport transportation provided by Disney & Disney transportation to the parks so don't want to rent a vehicle.

This article mentions that Mears Transportation Service has wheelchair accessible taxis.
    "He is partial to Mears because it’s the only company that serves the population of the city outside the airport well (though all companies are required to ensure no more than 75 percent of their fleet is at the airport), and it’s also the only company to offer wheelchair-accessible cabs, which are cost-prohibitive for smaller companies."
    http://www2.orlandoweekly.com/arts/story.asp?id=12335

This is the Mears website, you might try calling them.
    http://www.mearstransportation.com/taxi-services/

Hope this works out and you have a good trip.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by sledgrl View Post
    Looking for recommendations of taxi companies in Orlando that have accessible taxis. I can transfer out of my chair...but I have power assist wheels so a vehicle with a ramp or lift is going to be the easiest.

I will be staying at a Disney hotel for a week in mid-March, and attending a conference part of the time at another hotel about 6 miles away. Looking to use taxis to get to & from conference each day, have airport transportation provided by Disney & Disney transportation to the parks so don't want to rent a vehicle.
    if your already booked, Just call the concierge desk at your hotel.
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Several times when in Orlando we used Jose Marques 407-953-0237 I think he is one of the Meers drivers. If he is not available they will send someone else. They have a van with rear wheelchair entrance. They are very nice and have taken my Medusa (service dog) also. We usually take them to and from the airport.