Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: INVIVO Articles

The Back Story Behind InVivo Therapeutics Sell-Off

Summary

- The former CEO continues to liquidate his position in InVivo Therapeutics creating considerable sell-side pressure on the stock.
    - A number of catalysts over the next six to twelve months should drive the share price higher once the selling subsides.
    - The science remains compelling and the combination of biomaterial scaffolds with stem cells may represent the next generation of stem cell therapy and InVivo will benefit as the frontrunner.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2484...l-off?uprof=16

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    The Back Story Behind InVivo Therapeutics Sell-Off

Summary

- The former CEO continues to liquidate his position in InVivo Therapeutics creating considerable sell-side pressure on the stock.
    - A number of catalysts over the next six to twelve months should drive the share price higher once the selling subsides.
    - The science remains compelling and the combination of biomaterial scaffolds with stem cells may represent the next generation of stem cell therapy and InVivo will benefit as the frontrunner.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2484...l-off?uprof=16

Paolo
    An interesting comment to the article:

JoeNatural , contributor

"Personally, and with plenty of litigation experience, I think the ex-CEO is selling on the advice of his lawyer, probably being told that the company might seek an injunction preventing his selling of stock until the lawsuit has been heard and if Reynolds were to lose (he will), the company might just take all his stock as part of the judgment. In the end, when the selling is finished once and for all, I look for a triple within 2 weeks tops from that point. I absolutely love this type of special situation that has now presented itself. Also, did you listen to this morning's presentation (link below) made by the new CEO ? The guy is very sharp ......"

Paolo

one huge reason to believe in invivo science is one Dr. Robert Langer.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Thanks for the link!

I read: "
    The complaint alleges that the Company misrepresented the time needed to submit testing data for its biopolymer scaffold product to the Food and Drug Administration. In particular, it is alleged that the Company stated it would be able to report results by the end of 2014 despite conditions set by the FDA that, unbeknownst to investors, would make meeting this deadline impossible."

Changing the word "company" with the name of a researcher and the word "investors" with "donors" I can think of few researchers who are guilty of the sam thing.

Paolo

The class action is due to there having been FDA requirements they knew they could not meet in that time frame. It is vastly different from missing a date because the fundraising hasn't flourished or there hasn't been enough progress to submit to our wonderful FDA. One is missing technical timelines and requirements while the other instance is missing hopeful targets. If there were a large enough number of believers with monetary capacity the trials for SCI might advance faster but I am speculating that more speed takes more money. The dialectic is whether the result was due to omission or commission. I digress and leave this debate to others at this juncture.

Thanks for the link!

I read: "
    The complaint alleges that the Company misrepresented the time needed to submit testing data for its biopolymer scaffold product to the Food and Drug Administration. In particular, it is alleged that the Company stated it would be able to report results by the end of 2014 despite conditions set by the FDA that, unbeknownst to investors, would make meeting this deadline impossible."

Changing the word "company" with the name of a researcher and the word "investors" with "donors" I can think of few researchers who are guilty of the sam thing.

Paolo

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/invivo...120000523.html

InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. (NVIV) today announced that the first subject has been enrolled in the pilot study of its Neuro-Spinal Scaffold for the treatment of complete traumatic spinal cord injury (SCI) at the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ. The objective of the pilot study is to evaluate the safety and feasibility of the Neuro-Spinal Scaffold as well as to gather preliminary evidence of effectiveness.

Dr. Nicholas Theodore, Chief of Spinal Surgery, Barrow Neurosurgical Institute and Medical Director of the Neurological Trauma Program, is a Principal Investigator in this study and implanted the first-ever Neuro-Spinal Scaffold into an acute spinal cord injury patient. “I am excited about my participation in this important clinical trial,” Dr. Theodore said. “The surgery and Neuro-Spinal Scaffold implantation went smoothly and the patient is doing well at this time. I look forward to continuing to help evaluate this approach in patients with these devastating injuries.”

Mark Perrin, InVivo’s CEO, said: “This is a major milestone not only for the company, but also for the field of traumatic SCI. InVivo is striving to provide benefit to the SCI patient population with such a huge unmet medical need, and this clinical trial is the first step. We look forward to communicating our progress and moving forward. InVivo will be making announcements after each site has joined the study, after each subject is enrolled, and once enrollment is re-opened for subsequent patients. We consider patient privacy of the utmost importance and will thus communicate any interim information according to industry standards. With the exception of dramatically positive or negative results, we will look to communicate progress at appropriate medical or scientific forums.”

As previously stated and per FDA requirements, the company will follow the first enrolled subject for three months before re-opening enrollment.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Finally !!! Good news, very good
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    The class action is due to there having been FDA requirements they knew they could not meet in that time frame. It is vastly different from missing a date because the fundraising hasn't flourished or there hasn't been enough progress to submit to our wonderful FDA. One is missing technical timelines and requirements while the other instance is missing hopeful targets. If there were a large enough number of believers with monetary capacity the trials for SCI might advance faster but I am speculating that more speed takes more money. The dialectic is whether the result was due to omission or commission. I digress and leave this debate to others at this juncture.
    I agree with your considerations.
    As I said I believe some researchers have done the same thing InVivo did, but most donors are not as fierce as investors.

Paolo

I am far more interested in the researcher getting positive results than missing a deadline. I have not witnessed deliberate misleading. The Invivo exposure came after the fact.

I agree with your considerations.
    As I said I believe some researchers have done the same thing InVivo did, but most donors are not as fierce as investors.

Paolo