Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: INVIVO Articles

Quote Originally Posted by wesmaister View Post
    Wouldnt they be able to remove scar tissue in chronics and re apply as an acute?
    I see no problem in doing this. Probably to risky in this first trial. I know this is infact the case of a similar technique by Bioarctic neuroscience, they will remove the scar tissue and replace it with a scaffold.
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Wink Aha!

Well than seems like we need somebody with steady hands, little scaffold, cocktail of stemcells and 110 volts to seal everything together!

Quote Originally Posted by wesmaister View Post
    Wouldnt they be able to remove scar tissue in chronics and re apply as an acute?

No. This scaffold is there to reduce inflammation and the dying of axons. It does not regenerate the axons. Therefore, since we have all gone through the secondary damage phase, this particular treatment is irrelevant to anyone on this board (chronic injured).

It is a neuroprotective treatment.

Oh, sorry for my post, didn't see that last article. But this isn't the case for all research performed by invivo, right?
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by void View Post
    Oh, sorry for my post, didn't see that last article. But this isn't the case for all research performed by invivo, right?
    They're also working on a treatment for chronic sci.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    They're also working on a treatment for chronic sci.
    That is just what they have been saying for years (IMO just to please people leaving with SCI) but I haven't seen a single study or at least credible evidence that they are really working on chronic.
    In November 2011 at W2W I asked them about chronic SCI and they said they had animals with SCI becoming chronic to do a study... they were clearly telling me what I wanted to hear to make me happy, but I didn't buy it for a second as they didn't provide any detail about the study etc..
    If they were really working on chronic they would provide evidence of that IMO.

If anybody has more info please post it.

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    That is just what they have been saying for years (IMO just to please people leaving with SCI) but I haven't seen a single study or at least credible evidence that they are really working on chronic.
    In November 2011 at W2W I asked them about chronic SCI and they said they had animals with SCI becoming chronic to do a study... they were clearly telling me what I wanted to hear to make me happy, but I didn't buy it for a second as they didn't provide any detail about the study etc..

Paolo
    It will be interesting to see where they do the scaffold trial follow up. So far they have no rehabilitation facilities signed up that I know of. They have been "talking" to a few for as many years as they have been promoting the scaffold.
    Last edited by c473s; 04-11-2013 at 07:05 PM.

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/2012/11/17/dr-alex-aimetti-phd-presents-at-working-2-walk-2012/

This is what was reported in Nov. 2012 by Dr. Alex Aimetti. He was new to Invivo in April as their R & D...

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post

Paolo
    Irecently asked about the chronic rat population and was told that they believe they have the largest population of chronic rats in the world.

"I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->