Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrying a hand gun

I am not an SCI patient but I work with several that are. This concealed carry shirt from 511 Tactical is what I have worn daily for years. It fits like Underarmor and has a secure Velcro closable area on each side for weapon and magazines. It works really well and holds up to daily wear really well.

Take a look. CLICKY

Quote Originally Posted by EricW62 View Post
    I am not an SCI patient but I work with several that are. This concealed carry shirt from 511 Tactical is what I have worn daily for years. It fits like Underarmor and has a secure Velcro closable area on each side for weapon and magazines. It works really well and holds up to daily wear really well.

Take a look. CLICKY
    That looks interesting, but I'm not clear on how you access to draw. Do you need to wear an unbuttoned shirt over it?
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

have a cc permit but keep stored in back pack on chiar

keep my little pistol in back pack so I can still move around and transfer without having to manage the piece yet if i need it just reach in a pocker in backpack were i store the gun barrel first pointing down. The way the handle is right there.

have a cc permit but keep stored in back pack on chair

I transfer some and move around so keep my pistol in a backpack on my chair within easy reach

hands not working well anymore, trigger fingers and jerky but can hold things realatively tightly.

In my experience the untrained with guns get too close and I carry an automatic knife and using an asian back hand hold can slice all the tendons in the arm/wrist while dflecting any shots fired.

from a distace by a trained shooter I'm in the shits, if I can touch you, i win. combat tested. surprisingly can still disarm handguns pretty well. I visited a friend's, Qwan 6th degree and he was teaching disarming, differnt than my style so I showed him my method and took his gun, cocked in my chest (duh empty) before he could pull the trigger. would rather have used a knife though. he found my knife skills somewhat brutal and over the top but hey pull a gun and what be nice?

miss my 1911A though, cocked and locked was the way to go, side holster also had a nice Browning Hi-Power that fit a normal breast holster nicely I'm a big guy so it wasn't too conspicuous. Had a back holster, but was never comfortable with it, carry or draw.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Obviously this was written for AB's, but you might find some useful info in this free book on Kindle, The Insanely Practical Guide to Gun Holsters.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BNMY0S2/ref=r_soa_w_d

Remember that you have one priceless advantage. In a chair, an enemy is going to underestimate you. You can use that by either letting them get close or letting them get distracted.

You also have an advantage in court, if it comes to that. "The poor granny was defenseless in her home when the big bad wolf burst in. Of course she had no option but to shoot him."

Courts look more favorably on one of two shooting patterns: empty the gun in a "panic" or just fire a couple of shots, stand off and call EMS, and only fire again if he tries to move. But don't let a wounded target out of your sight to call for help. Better to let him bleed out than to put yourself at risk by turning your back.

Lasers are not only good for targeting, they are very good for intimidation if you want to keep a wounded target down.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.