Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Advice from a female Quad that Cathy's themselves :)

  1. #1

    Advice from a female Quad that Cathy's themselves :)

    Hi...

    If you area female quad that cathy themselves, please email me.


    Thank
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 02-09-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Should not include email address in posting.

  2. #2
    What is all the drama??? Is there a problem if I put my number when I am selling a piece of equipment? Or is I have a question and want them to email me? I have no problem giving out this info, why do all of you? I have an important question for a female quad that Caths themselves.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by christanzacc View Post
    I have a lack of profile bc I do not use this as much. I read posts but do not offen post. I have questions so I posted for an answer.
    If you have a question, ask it. If you don't want to ask the question in the pubic forum, Care Cure Community has a Women's Only forum that you can join to get a response to a personal question from other women. Alternatively, you could post some idea of the kind of question you have on the pubic forums and ask that someone send you a private message which is a feature on this site. Likewise, if you are trying to sell equipment, members can send you a private message if they have interest in your items. There is no need to contact you by private email or phone.

    It is recommended by administrators and moderators on this site that members do not click on sites or email address with which they are not familiar. Your email address could conceivably take someone to a "phishing" site where data is mined off of a computer or where a virus may be planted on a computer.

    There is no drama intended, we are just being cautious. Frankly using the term "Cathy's themselves" and the smiley face doesn't sound or look very legitimate.

    All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 02-13-2013 at 04:40 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member djrolling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Salisbury NC
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by christanzacc View Post
    What is all the drama??? Is there a problem if I put my number when I am selling a piece of equipment? Or is I have a question and want them to email me? I have no problem giving out this info, why do all of you? I have an important question for a female quad that Caths themselves.
    No drama just good sense. Just being on the safe side and you can PM someone and as said you can use the women's forum. When someone always request people contact them instead of just having an open conversation no matter what the topic that can be a red flag....

  5. #5
    Hi all

    I know Christan, she's legit. Hasn't spent much time on CC therefore she doesn't know about devotees or the dangers of putting her personal info out there. I'll fill her in. (I cleaned the thread but left the posts with advice/explanations).
    Last edited by Jim; 02-13-2013 at 05:33 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hi all

    I know Christan, she's legit. Hasn't spent much time on CC therefore she doesn't know about devotees or the dangers of putting her personal info out there. I'll fill her in. (I cleaned the thread but left the posts with advice/explanations).

    Good job Jim.
    It is a sad fact that so many fake and perverted people have made many of us extra cautious and there are fewer responses to new and legitimate posts.
    Being burned by the fakers has made us understandably leery.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Good job Jim.
    It is a sad fact that so many fake and perverted people have made many of us extra cautious and there are fewer responses to new and legitimate posts.
    Being burned by the fakers has made us understandably leery.
    No kidding. I'm sitting here thinking "RED FLAG! SIRENS! SKEEV ALERT!"

  8. #8
    yeah...i immediately thought paracathy...yuk. thanks jim!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    middle georgia
    Posts
    2,507
    ok i am not new but i have a question how does a gal quad cathe?

    i am c6c7 i tried and failed

  10. #10
    It is VERY difficult for a female who has a fairly complete tetraplegic injury to self cath. I have one seen one woman who was able to do this at C6. Without perineal sensation, and with no finger sensation, it is extremely difficult, even using a mirror.

    This is a major reason for the Mitrofanoff procedure to be so popular with this specific population (females with low tetraplegic injuries).

    (KLD)

Similar Threads

  1. Buff female C5 quad masters self-defense
    By Theophania in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •