Thread: Voice recgnitin on a MAC

Blog Entries

Voice recgnitin on a MAC

I'm sorry I can't find the previous thread, where I asked about Dragon on a Mac and learned it was not very good. I'm wondering if anything has changed, if you can do good with recognition now on a Mac in any way. Since so many of Apple's devices use voice recognition, I can't help thinking they must've made something work on the Mac.

There is DragonDictate for the Mac, which is made by the same people who make Dragon NaturallySpeaking, but from what I understand is way behind on how it allows you to interface with the computer and its accuracy.

I know you've had problems with Dragon NaturallySpeaking in the past, but in my opinion it's the only game in town worth considering.
    I am the Quad in Quadomated. Come read about Life and Technology through the Eyes of a Quad
    http://www.Quadomated.com/

Random, go to the Dragon Dictate forum to find out more on voice recognition on a Mac. I use Dragon Dictate as well as Dragon NaturallySpeaking. From my experience you are better off with DNS.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com