Thread: Trunk tightening and spasms....

Trunk tightening and spasms....

Hey all- I've been experiencing some major trunk tightening and leg spasms for the past year or two. Its all related to my need to have a bowel movement. When I have a large stool waiting the tightness (and tingling) in my legs is CRAZY! I have a baclofen pump, which offers some relief during the time my colon is empty, but it feels non-existent when I'm symptomatic.

I usually do my BP once a day, and often do it twice. I'm productive and not blocked of backed up. This is just driving me nuts.

I'm a T-2 ASIA A complete, and was just wondering if others out there have experienced the same thing and what they did to help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave

yes it has..and for the life of me I still don't know exactly the cause.
    I suspect it was bowel related as well, but yes, it would still spasm and hurt like hell like someone is punching you in the gut spams even after a bp.

I have not had it for a while now..I do a The Ultimate meal shake (Steven turned me on to it!) with apple and blueberry every morning and 2 probiotics. Drink lots of water.

Also, no dairy-which can cuase gas and yeah..maybe spasms? ALso no gluten.

also maybe try a chiro..t-12 can be compressed form sitting and that innervates bowel area and when I had my treatment my spasms went crazy! SO that is the spot!

Good luck!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I never thought about a Chiro, but maybe you're on to something. You're certainly right about the gas- the spasms are just as bad if not worse when I'm loaded with air. The problem is that EVERYTHING causes gas in me since my gallbladder was removed.

I was starting to think that it may be a prostate issue, or colon issue since I have no "feeling" down there and cant Dx it with regular docs, but since you have it too, I think I can rule out the prostate side of things ;-)

Thanks for the input!
    Dave