Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of questions

Lots of questions

So I have a lot of questions to ask so I can get my life jump started again. I don't want to ask a bunch of questions though and make people angry on the forum orr whatever, so I guess I'm asking for permission. Does anyone have a problem with me asking several threads worth of questions all at once? (promise none of its spamming)

And sorry if this comes off strange, if you haven't already guessed I'm a little social awkward. sorry

no need to ask permission, i would juust post most of them to this thread though.
    T6 incomplete - 14 october 2012

Life questions belong in Life, Cure in Cure, etc.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Nobody ever jets jumped on for asking questions, especially if they are as polite as you.

Like nonoise said, try to ask in the correct forum. You may be helpfully redirected to a different forum or to a specific thread that covers your topic.

There is a search function that is very useful. Look at the page header. Under the red Cure Care logo is a header bar. Look for the blue bar under the bit that says "Welcome Havok" - there are white words on the blue bar, the search function is the 7th word from the right.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

I would just ask away trying to get them in the forum they belong in and people may link you to threads that already covered that or may respond to you directly. You can also try the search function.....

If any reflect your ability to do things or care questions please fill in more of your profile like injury level.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Ask away

Alright then

1) since I'm currently on SSI I can not have more than $2000 in the bank. So for others in this situation how do you save for a car, medical equiptment, etc?
    2) I want to continue school, is there any finacial help for sci?
    3) how has the osteoporosis to come affected your life and how do you live your life but avoid injury?
    4) how do you deal with pain other than opiates and pot which I'd like to avoid. And gabapentin provents some pain but still have a lot. any tips?

Thats a start. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by havok View Post
    Alright then

1) since I'm currently on SSI I can not have more than $2000 in the bank. So for others in this situation how do you save for a car, medical equiptment, etc?
    You should look into a PASS plan. Your local independent living center (ILC) should be able to help you get this set up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by havok View Post
    2) I want to continue school, is there any finacial help for sci?
    You may be eligible for funding through the CA Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). You should apply for a case to be set up for you. They will assign a VR person to help you identify a career goal, and determine what part or parts of the education costs (tuition, books, etc.) and other related expenses (transportation, etc.) they may cover. Most likely they will fund education only within the state.

(KLD)

If you can possibly qualify for SSDI, switch to that program. It isn't income limited.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.