Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Try out Astral Projection if you want to get out of your bodies for a little bit

While I was a patient at Walter Reed, we participated in yoga nidra exercises which your experience sounds very similar to. It worked really well for the people with pain issues but a lot of the PTSD people would have panic attacks as they started to slip into a trance state. Overall, it was a very positive experience for most of us.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    I did it as a little kid. I would swim thru the air around my little hometown. Did it a lot immediately post-sci. It's a great jedi mind trick to leave pain behind. I seem to have trouble doing it these days. I can still mentally go to my happy place but can't fly like when I was a kid.

Cory, what kind of hippies are you hanging with? Last time I heard the term Astral Plane was like 1974!
    How fun! Also I'm the hippie who is spreading the word, my friends haven't ever experienced it so they have no idea what I'm talking about. I've always been into this type of stuff ever since I had my first lucid dream as a child. I love exploring the mind!
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Sounds strangely like the teachings of the late Dr Timothy Leary.
    He was into guiding a drug induced state. Astral projection and lucid dreaming are less likely to occur under the influence of drugs.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by IsMaisin View Post
    While I was a patient at Walter Reed, we participated in yoga nidra exercises which your experience sounds very similar to. It worked really well for the people with pain issues but a lot of the PTSD people would have panic attacks as they started to slip into a trance state. Overall, it was a very positive experience for most of us.
    I can imagine it being scary at first for some. To me it is much like the Indiana Jones movie The Last Crusade where he walks out the Lions Head. It can be hard to believe you won't lose all control. Many don't even know they are traveling, especially children, but have repeated nightmares of falling. Once they understand that most dreams of falling are after the astral projection episode and they only remember what they consider the most important--the fear of falling--then they can begin feeling the flying or lucid dreaming because the falling can be guided too.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

alhavel-I still have that Nancy album on vinyl. My grt-grandma bought it for me in '65 or '66, plus the Age of Aquarius by the 5th Dimension. She rocked pretty hard for a woman born pre-1900!

Sue-my childhood swimming thru the air was like flying. I did the breaststroke LOL. I can still see every street of that town today. The weird thing is I'd never been to some of those streets, I don't think. Made for ots of deja vu when I was old enough to drive and would come across them.