Thread: Job interviews and SCI

Job interviews and SCI

Hey guys,

I am in the process of looking for job in New York and was wondering if private companies get anything good in respect to taxes for hiring person such as we. I do qualify for the job and I am a strong candidate but I did not reveal my disability on either cover letter or resume. Its going to be obvious when I go to the interview though. I was wondering maybe that was a mistake. Maybe I should mention it and it is somewhat unethical. I also wonder if private companies tend to go with people that don't require changes in work place. I know its different in large corps and gov contractors and subcontractors but I worry private companies have nothing to gain from it.

Quote Originally Posted by BSgimp View Post
    Hey guys,

I am in the process of looking for job in New York and was wondering if private companies get anything good in respect to taxes for hiring person such as we. I do qualify for the job and I am a strong candidate but I did not reveal my disability on either cover letter or resume. Its going to be obvious when I go to the interview though. I was wondering maybe that was a mistake. Maybe I should mention it and it is somewhat unethical. I also wonder if private companies tend to go with people that don't require changes in work place. I know its different in large corps and gov contractors and subcontractors but I worry private companies have nothing to gain from it.
    I would definitly look into it. And you did the right thing in not putting it on the resume. Because atleast your getting the interview. Definitly address every advantage like tax rebates if any. And address all concerns they may have with hirering you. Remember you need to show your bringing something to to table that the other person is not. Good luck!

I don't know about New York but in California there is no tax incentive to hire handicapped people.