Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most amazing inspirational transformation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Most amazing inspirational transformation

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4925797056266

Hope this comes over so everyone can see it..it is amazing! IMO
    Helga

Yea, amazing what an oversweight AB can do when he finally gets a wake up call. Glad he's back to living but not inspirational to me.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Headline: Local lazy fatass decides to something instead of nothing! Be inspired!!

Quote Originally Posted by cripwalk View Post
    Headline: Local lazy fatass decides to something instead of nothing! Be inspired!!
    First off this is the comment that I was refering to. Jodi obviously felt some sort of guilt for her comment and may have felt my comment had to do with her.
    No one has to apologize and didn't ask for one. This is a free country. But when I see people disrespect someone for no reason I have to say something. For that I won't apologize either.

Secondly- When you get return, that is all you get. You don't get strength, balance, proprioception, dexterity, confidence, etc. You get voluntary movement back. Nothing else.
    All those other things I mentioned DO take hard work to achieve. Like training for the olympics hard work. I can personally attest to that. Weeks and months go by without marked improvement and there are times when we ask ourselves if it is worth it to keep plugging away. We question why we are working ourselves to death. Is there any point?

I said before that I have no problem motivating myself, but don't feel the need to chastise those who may not have the same type personality as me.
    This really is no different than the able bodied community or any other disabled community. Just cause someone's injury isn't the same, the strength and courage to overcome it (even if that means living a happy healthy, and fulfilled life in the absence of any return at all) is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MFlounlacker View Post
    First off this is the comment that I was refering to. Jodi obviously felt some sort of guilt for her comment and may have felt my comment had to do with her.
    No one has to apologize and didn't ask for one. This is a free country. But when I see people disrespect someone for no reason I have to say something. For that I won't apologize either.

Secondly- When you get return, that is all you get. You don't get strength, balance, proprioception, dexterity, confidence, etc. You get voluntary movement back. Nothing else.
    All those other things I mentioned DO take hard work to achieve. Like training for the olympics hard work. I can personally attest to that. Weeks and months go by without marked improvement and there are times when we ask ourselves if it is worth it to keep plugging away. We question why we are working ourselves to death. Is there any point?

I said before that I have no problem motivating myself, but don't feel the need to chastise those who may not have the same type personality as me.
    This really is no different than the able bodied community or any other disabled community. Just cause someone's injury isn't the same, the strength and courage to overcome it (even if that means living a happy healthy, and fulfilled life in the absence of any return at all) is the same.
    The guy tried nothing and got fat. Then he tried something and lost weight. What more is there to say really? Can't say I'm inspired in the least. Pretty sad what low levels of dedication we hold in regards to being inspired.

Cripwalk-If you had worded it like that I would've had no problem.

But since either you didn't actually read my comments or are too dense, arrogant, or whatever to understand them I will explain once more.

My problem is with you disrespecting someone you know absolutely nothing about. Someone whom I know for a fact is not a "lazy fat ass".

I personally couldn't care less what does or doesn't inspire you.

the thing is, that man still can make his body hear what his brain wants it to do.
    the signal is not lost. People who are at care cure, have more than a weak body. the body can no longer hear what the brain tells it to do. no amount of trying will change that.

-----------------------
    Last edited by t8burst; 02-05-2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: not worth it

I don't need any outside inspiration. I want to walk unassisted. That's all the motivation I need.

That being said, this guy is a teacher near where I grew up, is a decorated combat veteran and deserves more respect than is being shown to him here. "All gave some; some gave all"

I agree though- It is not quite the same as an SCI. I do recommend the exercises for balance. I do these all the time and they have greatly improved my strength and balance. Still not running however.

Quote Originally Posted by MFlounlacker View Post
    I don't need any outside inspiration. I want to walk unassisted. That's all the motivation I need.

That being said, this guy is a teacher near where I grew up, is a decorated combat veteran and deserves more respect than is being shown to him here. "All gave some; some gave all"

I agree though- It is not quite the same as an SCI. I do recommend the exercises for balance. I do these all the time and they have greatly improved my strength and balance. Still not running however.
    sorry, im probably miserable.
    I didnt mean any disrespect.
    I didnt think the OP knew the difference between that guy, and someone with an interference to the spinal cord.
    ya im miserable.