Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: 15x17+1.5 80 Degree TiLite TR3

  1. #11
    nice ride. my only question. why folding side guards with a rigid back. adds weight and they get sloppy.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    nice ride. my only question. why folding side guards with a rigid back. adds weight and they get sloppy.
    Good question about the guards. I'm also surprised by the conservative COG measurement, especially with such little dump and forward seat angle. Given the profile of the user I would have expected something less conservative.

    Overall it's a beautiful, sleek-looking ride. Hope he loves it.

  3. #13
    Per the user's report.
    Terminator complete = 16.33 Lbs.
    TR3 complete = 17.30 Lbs.
    He removes his side guards when dressing.

    Where a person's COM will be for a given configuration can vary significantly depending on their body proportions, weight, and cushion thickness. My ZRc is no longer used as an "unoffical demo" becuase two very skilled users flipped back in it.

    This was our first TR3, and the COG was spec'd to ensure he would bet the curved rear frame. We knew it could be easily adjusted so we were not particularly concerned. He was pretty satisifed with the overall balance where it was at and I doubt he changed it.


  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Per the user's report.
    Terminator complete = 16.33 Lbs.
    TR3 complete = 17.30 Lbs.
    He removes his side guards when dressing.

    Where a person's COM will be for a given configuration can vary significantly depending on their body proportions, weight, and cushion thickness. My ZRc is no longer used as an "unoffical demo" becuase two very skilled users flipped back in it.

    This was our first TR3, and the COG was spec'd to ensure he would bet the curved rear frame. We knew it could be easily adjusted so we were not particularly concerned. He was pretty satisifed with the overall balance where it was at and I doubt he changed it.
    Does "complete" include wheels, seat cushion, etc.?

    As a source of reference my ZR2 weighs 22.6 lbs all in: cushion, wheels, everything (less me).

  5. #15
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Does "complete" include wheels, seat cushion, etc.?

    As a source of reference my ZR2 weighs 22.6 lbs all in: cushion, wheels, everything (less me).
    Another data point, my 15x16 BT-Mg is 21.5Lbs, all in.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

  6. #16
    Those would be the weights of the frames and wheels with sideguards and back upholstery removed.

    Weight is, indeed, arbitrary.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 02-04-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Received updated information


  7. #17
    is anyone else bothered by the messy backpost/seatrail arrangement on the tr? one of the most aesthetically attractive things about tilite is its caster fork design, something thats not really replicated by other designers. but then the 'two separate elements welded together' arrangement for the fixed backrest is just plain ugly and incongruous. comparisons in that area between the tr in post 1 and the terminator in post 8 are huge.
    Last edited by amyk; 02-05-2013 at 03:04 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    is anyone else bothered by the messy backpost/seatrail arrangement on the tr? one of the most aesthetically attractive things about tilite is its caster fork design, something thats not really replicated by other designers. but then the 'two separate elements welded together' arrangement for the fixed backrest is just plain ugly and incongruous. comparisons in that area between the tr in post 1 and the terminator in post 8 are huge.
    Agreed. The lower rail flowing up to the backpost as one continuous line is much nicer looking. IIRC, the Xtreme Box is also done this way.

    A cantilevered frame made from one perimeter tube (from the top of one backrest, down along the side, into the down tubes, around the footrest, and back to the top of the other back rest cane) would be neat, IMO.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post

    A cantilevered frame made from one perimeter tube (from the top of one backrest, down along the side, into the down tubes, around the footrest, and back to the top of the other back rest cane) would be neat, IMO.
    Your wish was Todd's command. (A one-off, I'm sure.)



  10. #20
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Your wish was Todd's command. (A one-off, I'm sure.)


    Yes! Love it.

    Add the footrest to the mix and then it'd be exactly what I'm thinking.

    Fewer pieces = my style.

    Parsimony in motion!
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Similar Threads

  1. 17x16 85 Degree TiLite ZRc
    By SCI_OTR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 01:20 PM
  2. 16x18+1 85 Degree TiLite TR3
    By SCI_OTR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM
  3. 15x17+2 80 Degree TiLite TR3
    By SCI_OTR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 08:56 AM
  4. 18x16+1 85 Degree TiLite ZRA S2
    By SCI_OTR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 09:45 PM
  5. Does anybody have 75 degree TiLite Tr pics
    By Duncan McIntyre in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 12:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •