Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: ZRA series 2 problems

  1. #51
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    I'd follow the professional seating OT's advice first, then the anecdotal stuff, personally.

    YMMV, of course.

    Good luck, BTB.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    I definitely do not want to argue with SCoOTeR but ..

    BTB - once you get that backrest vertical (as in straight up from the floor) you will be climbing ramps like a champ. Try this first, making your backrest taller can be done after if you still think it will help.
    Looking at pic 160, the Acta-Back has a significant amount of taper at the topwhich limits the amount of support he is getting. As a result, it won't seem as high as you might think.

    Hopefully, the Icon Back will be a better match.


  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I'd follow the professional seating OT's advice first, then the anecdotal stuff, personally.

    YMMV, of course.

    Good luck, BTB.
    Just a disclaimer that I'm not giving professional advice. Even if I were, it would be purely anecdotal.


  4. #54
    It's nice to see the CC community offering so much support and group mentoring to BTB.

    To us!

  5. #55
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Just a disclaimer that I'm not giving professional advice. Even if I were, it would be purely anecdotal.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

  6. #56
    Senior Member DaleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tidewater, VA
    Posts
    5,408
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    It's nice to see the CC community offering so much support and group mentoring to BTB.

    To us!
    Agreed.

    It's certainly all helpful, if not prioritized, in my mind, personally, as being all equal.

    More advice is better than less, for sure!

    Until it's not, of course.
    __________________

    He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

  7. #57

    Thank you guys!

    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    It's nice to see the CC community offering so much support and group mentoring to BTB.

    To us!
    Thanks so much for all the advice you guys have given me. I really appreciate it! I have gotten more help on CC than seating clinics and DME's. you guys are awesome

  8. #58
    ya know. can you just start over and spec a new chair? how long have you had it. if its private ins pay zero attention to every 5 yrs, im roughly every 2 or 3 years. imo, you need to tighten your ride up size wise. that seat is way to long. less chair is easier for you to toss in/out of a car, whjich yes you'll be able to do.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    ya know. can you just start over and spec a new chair? how long have you had it. if its private ins pay zero attention to every 5 yrs, im roughly every 2 or 3 years. imo, you need to tighten your ride up size wise. that seat is way to long. less chair is easier for you to toss in/out of a car, whjich yes you'll be able to do.
    I've thought about it because I pay out of pocket, but was gonna do that as a last resort.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    BTB - once you get that backrest vertical (as in straight up from the floor) you will be climbing ramps like a champ. Try this first, making your backrest taller can be done after if you still think it will help.
    Fully agree with Tooley, your backrest is like mine (when it was broken) around 102° and I fell twice within last month due to this despite being a para and experienced in wheelie. I would not adjust it to 90° as you may have trouble with trunk balance but 95° is reasonable. If you have a smart phone you can find an app that measure angles.
    Have a look at user's manual chapter 4-4 to see how to change the backrest angle.

Similar Threads

  1. 6000 series aluminum vs 7000 series
    By Jonna in forum Equipment
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
  2. Zra series 2 problems
    By Southpaw in forum Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 10:37 AM
  3. 185 Hi-Low Series Flex-A-Bed 185 Hi-Low Series Hi-Lo Beds
    By new dimension in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 07:49 AM
  4. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •