Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ZRA series 2 problems

ZRA series 2 problems

So when I'm pushing up ramps my chair wants to tip back and forth on its tip bars. My cog is all the way back. So I have no idea how to fix this. I can take a pic of the chair if that helps. Any ideas how to fix this? Also my feet will not stay on the footrest
    Last edited by Southpaw; 02-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTB View Post
    So when I'm pushing up ramps my chair wants to tip back and forth on its tip bars. My cog is all the way back. So I have no idea how to fix this. I can take a pic of the chair if that helps. Any ideas how to fix this? Also my feet will not stay on the footrest
    Couple of things that might affect the tippiness. How does your backrest angle feel? Does your backrest height feel about right?

As far as your feet not staying on the footrest, check your footrest angle. Also, have you tried a calf strap? Not like behind your legs but hooked around your feet to keep them in?

WG

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliegirl2010 View Post
    Couple of things that might affect the tippiness. How does your backrest angle feel? Does your backrest height feel about right?

As far as your feet not staying on the footrest, check your footrest angle. Also, have you tried a calf strap? Not like behind your legs but hooked around your feet to keep them in?

WG
    Yeah, I had my backrest angle at about 90 degrees but leaned it back some because it wasn't comfortable. I also read on here most people don't sit in their chairs straight up and usually lean a little. But it's not only ramps that my chair pops up. Anytime I push the chair the casters pop up off the ground. Should I set my backrest back to 90 degrees? It wasn't comfortable and hard to have good trunk control. I've had this ZRA for 2 years and can't seem to get it adjusted correctly, even after seeing multiple seating clinicians and DME guys

SCI_OTR is the one to go with.
    Last edited by voxina; 02-03-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Post a pic. Ideally with you in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Post a pic. Ideally with you in it.
    here we go. my posture is also terrible. any ideas on how to work on it?

You appear to have a fairly long trunk, sit with significant posterior pelvic tilt, and lack enough support from the back to keep yourself from "spilling over the top". I'm actually surprised your casters don't come off the ground whenever you push.

The eventual answer will probably be to increase your seat dump to improve your pelvic stability so you can get your back angle more upright. Right now, your effective back angle is at least 105 degrees.

A couple of questions that would be helpful.

How tall are you?

What type of back are you using?

A better pic from behind could be useful.

double post

How tall are you?

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=215038
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

You appear to have a fairly long trunk, sit with significant posterior pelvic tilt, and lack enough support from the back to keep yourself from "spilling over the top". I'm actually surprised your casters don't come off the ground whenever you push.

The eventual answer will probably be to increase your seat dump to improve your pelvic stability so you can get your back angle more upright. Right now, your effective back angle is at least 105 degrees.

A couple of questions that would be helpful.

How tall are you?

A better pic from behind could be useful.
    I'm 6 ft. I have a acta-back by comfort company