Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea of going up curb

An idea of going up curb

Can we design and made something that helps going up and down curb?
    Going up is difficult, going down is not comfortable, illustrate a simple design, do you think this will work?

Attachment 48463
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

I cant get up even little curbs.

Are you strong enough Sowseng to do that?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Are you strong enough Sowseng to do that?
    For 5" curb, I don't think so.

Moving forward you can use speed to go up the curb, I don't see how you could go fast backward.
    If you don't go fast enough, you'll tip forward and you'll hurt yourself more as you will fall from the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Moving forward you can use speed to go up the curb, I don't see how you could go fast backward.
    If you don't go fast enough, you'll tip forward and you'll hurt yourself more as you will fall from the curb.
    This idea doesn't mean to go fast

Hey, that's cool! I have theorized about mini wheels in front that could be used....yknow kind of like the Ibot's wheels did go up and down? To lever a manual chair up a curb. Like some kind of powered attachment, that coudl do stairs? Or maybe even manually operated, with some kind of greared or spring loaded system to reduce the force the user had to exert to get up the curb. Hmm, they'd need to be on front and back for balance going up stairs..... I might make a drawing.
    Tourette's Syndrome - motor tics of the legs, feet and back, which can make it difficult or impossible to walk

Quote Originally Posted by voxina View Post
    Hey, that's cool! I have theorized about mini wheels in front that could be used....yknow kind of like the Ibot's wheels did go up and down? To lever a manual chair up a curb. Like some kind of powered attachment, that coudl do stairs? Or maybe even manually operated, with some kind of greared or spring loaded system to reduce the force the user had to exert to get up the curb. Hmm, they'd need to be on front and back for balance going up stairs..... I might make a drawing.
    Can't wait your drawing.

To withstand the stress of an average person's weight across that moment arm you would need some fairly strong (i.e. heavy or expensive) materials. Also for you to get up say a 5'' curb with a reasonable amount of strength you would have to be leaning backwards so for a 5'' curb those wheels to be effective that means they would probably have to be 10'' above the pavement when the chair was in a normal position, leaving you leaning in a very precarious position once you got up the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Can we design and made something that helps going up and down curb?
    Going up is difficult, going down is not comfortable, illustrate a simple design, do you think this will work?

Attachment 48463

Well...it would all be theoretical. Hopefully an actual engineer of some sort would take up the idea (if it ever got past this stage of speculation) so it would actually fly. :P I imagine that either steel, (maybe Al?) or titanium would work well for this. It would of course, have to be very sturdy... But also construction design, yknow like how the geometry of an object can make it much stronger than it would other wise be. Not just matterials count, but how they are configured, and the physics of a design, when it comes to loadbearing lthough they are clearly very important.
    Tourette's Syndrome - motor tics of the legs, feet and back, which can make it difficult or impossible to walk