Thread: new power chair recommendations

new power chair recommendations

My power chairs for the past 15 or 20 years have been Invacares, but it sounds like it would be a good idea to get a different make. My DME will be getting together with me soon, so I'd appreciate some recommendations to discuss with them. Medicare is my insurer, so top models are out.

Thank you,
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

I would wait until after the International Seating Symposium next month as there are likey to be some new products introduced. Most rehab powerchairs these days are being designed around Medicare coding and, despite the reimbursement challenges, some creative products may emerge.

Regarding Invacare powerchairs, unless you have a specific reason for wanting to change, don't rule them out. They will require additional documentation to get, but if they suit your specific needs, keep an open mind.

Hello Alan,

I, too, have been using Invacare products, especially the TDX-SP powerchair. If I had a chance to redo it, I believe I would look more closely at the Bounder chairs. You can see them at www.wheelchairs.com and they are 100% built in the USA...the only manufacturer that can make that claim. The one drawback for me would be the rear wheel drive. I prefer the mid-wheel drive but I could adjust.

Good luck.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

If all you have is medicare, I would watch for good used stuff on craigslist and ebay. You can get a practically new chair for 1/2 the price of the medicare copay.

Invacare TDXsp is still the best center wheel drive power chair.... (my $02)

Stay away from Pride Mobility products I don't want to sound sour but I still have 6 more months to go before we can submit to replace my lemon.