Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sideguards that adjust back and forward

what happened to that tilite guy that was helping ppl around here?

Ah geez, I wish I could explain what I see in my mind to fix this. Take it apart, add a piece in the middle, drill new holes, and probably have to pop rivet it back together based on what's written above.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

40 dollars for swapping is a good deal, I ordered a pair of quad side guards for my TX and I had to pay 280 euros including clamps. On my TR I did not order the quad version because they cost additional 85 euros and the edge protection for the holes is annoying: it's too thick and useless, because of it the holes are too big, I prefer to drill my own ones.

I could not have a wheelchair without side guards, my clothes would rub on tire and I won't be able to go fast.

thanks for the great advice guys. i'm gonna call him back monday and get the regular size. you're right, 40 bucks aint that much. plus i can get em cut down if i just can't take it. at least with the quad holes i can pull off which ever side i need to transfer.

he said they just charging me the restocking fee and shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    thanks for the great advice guys. i'm gonna call him back monday and get the regular size. you're right, 40 bucks aint that much. plus i can get em cut down if i just can't take it. at least with the quad holes i can pull off which ever side i need to transfer.

he said they just charging me the restocking fee and shipping.
    Best choice
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Best choice
    nonoise, glad i took your advice. i got the new regular size side guards today and they're nearly a perfect fit.

they only stick out about an inch in front of the tire. right now i have 2.25" COG and it's not very tippy at all. i see a lot of ppl going 3" or more. i wonder if i get him to move me up to 2.75 or 3" would that be too tippy for a quad. the chair is 17x16 1/2, 3.5 seat dump, 80 degree front. would 3" COG be a reasonable measurement for a c/6/7 quad without much trunk control?

i know it's just yalls ideas....