Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Walmart parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    I just wanted to give everyone an update. As of yesterday, I decided that I am not going to let this go. I went to Wal-Mart again yesterday got a little steamed. It wasn’t just me this time that had a problem with the parking. There was another person there with a chair topper doing the same thing I was; driving aimlessly around the parking lot trying to get an open end slot. I felt like I was in grade school again playing musical chairs, except instead of struggling to be the first to get the chair, we were vying for that precious parking space. I decided to leave the store and go someplace else, because the rest of the parking lot was full.

I left there thinking something needs to be done. As we were driving around, I noticed that about half of the spaces had no placards or handicap plates. That is only part of the problem. The spaces themselves need to be ADA compliant in order for wheelers to use them in the first place. So, if I can help to fix at least one of the two problems, it should count for something. Anyway I decided to start by putting things in writing and giving Wal-Mart a chance to respond. I will also be calling again on Monday. If that doesn’t work, then I will file a complaint with the DOJ to see if that helps. Please let me know if you think I am going about this in the right way or if I need to try something else.

If you would like to see a copy of what I wrote to Wal-Mart, let me know.
    Your complaining to the wrong people. You need to go to the zoning board and try to get their policy changed on THE number of HS's. You can bet they meet the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by smashms View Post
    First call the police to have the people who are using the spaces illegally towed away, then put everything in writing to walmart. And a suggestion to speak with the store manager might help as well
    Walmart isn't interested in adding HP spots. That's not going to help them in sales. They need to keep the entrance of the store as easy as possible for the general public. So you can yell at them all you want, their not going to change it unless their forced to.

im never going to walmart again. Iv been thinking about it, and it's actually been a hazardous place for me more than once. truck is still in the parking lot since my tragic scene with the strange old man.

Im trying to be grateful it's getting me to a Dr, but hell wallmart has been one place that has added some permanent scarring and injuries on this gimpy trip. I guess because that is were everyone goes. you meet every kind of person there. snakes too, there was totally a pigmy rattler in the garden section.