Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Spinal Cord Stimulatior

Thank you all for the replies I know if I've said this once I've said it a thousand times I'm so tiered of this f*@king pain.
    Last night was so bad I think I slept about 3 hours which is going to shorten my life itself.

LadyT no I haven't heard about a pain pump what kind of pain meds do they put in it? My pain doc has only tried steroid shots into my si joint my hip and gave me a pain patch "fentanyl" which set my nerves on fire! So then he put me on Lyrica which might be helping a lil but is $$$ and comes out of my pocket.

Does anyone have atrophy of thier backside "butt" my left side the one that hurts is so boney and my lower back pops all the time. I can't help but think there's a pinched nerve in there somewhere even though my MRI come back clean.

I'm tired of being desperate!!
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Pain Pump

Sorry it's taken so long to respond. Things have been crazy here with getting ready to move soon.
    Here is a link explaining the pain pump.

http://www.mayfieldclinic.com/PE-PUMP.htm

My doc suggested I get one but I'm reluctant to put anything near my back. Have Arachnoiditis and CES is enough for me. They've also recommend the SCS, but from what I've read it really doesn't help with nerve pain.

last option?

Cowboy: I was sent to a pain Dr. who specializes in Spinal cord simulators, after visiting with him & watching the CD i was ready to go!! but in the back of my mind i thought is this to good to be true? I saw the shrink and he said they added the need to get psychiatric approval after many SCS recipients couldn't handle a "foreign object" in their body and had them removed, while waiting for my insurance i fell thru a roof fracturing my pelvis & T11-T12 first thing they said was good thing you don't have the Scs yet our we wouldn't have been able to use MRI etc, hmm strike 1 for the SCS, strike 2 was finding out the trial scs alone was $10,000 and the complete install close to $55,000 my insurance covers $15,000, i think for me strike 3 was all the nightmarish stories i read about on this site and others BUT they must work for some... I do wonder what the cost differance between the SCS & pain pump is if you find out please let me know... Good luck....