Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New ZR Revisions

New ZR Revisions

I was looking to increase the dump 1 inch giving me 19" front, and 16" rear seat to floor height. The seat to footrest would be 16". Would returning to my current 2" dump help mitigate the taller cushion? That gets me to 18" front, and 16 rear seat, and seat to footrest of 15". In other words, can I change the seat to 15"X17" and keep the rest of my current set up?

Does the VA have a ZRA that you can use to audition these specs?

No unfortunately, there are just a few 16" wide, and no 15" or 14".

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSteve View Post
    OK, but since width is not an issue, you could still take advantage of the 16" to experiment with front and rear seat height and seat-to-footrest length. Point is, it might help clue you in a little further.

My therapist isn't married to the Ride, and has no problem trying other cushions, but we're trying to keep a proven fit, with a 10" back cane height if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    OK, but since width is not an issue, you could still take advantage of the 16" to experiment with front and rear seat height and seat-to-footrest length. Point is, it might help clue you in a little further.
    You lost me. Are you suggesting we just find a chair with a 16" seat to foot rest height, and work with that alone?

You lost me. Are you suggesting we just find a chair with a 16" seat to foot rest height, and work with that alone?
    No. I was referring to this:

What about flipping your footrest around to simulate where your feet would be located on a longer frame?

How accurate this would be depends on the fit of the cushion's dimensions with the size of the upholstery. In my experience, many Ride cushions tend to be longer than their spec'd dimension suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    What about flipping your footrest around to simulate where your feet would be located on a longer frame?

How accurate this would be depends on the fit of the cushion's dimensions with the size of the upholstery. In my experience, many Ride cushions tend to be longer than their spec'd dimension suggests.
    That makes sense, and it's a good way to frame depth. At this point, I'm trying to keep the 10" seat back height.

How tall are you? Are you referring to the overall back height, the ability to use a 10" ADI back, or 10" high back posts?

and why is it that at least 90% of the posts in your ZR threads are dominated by Steve's?