Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for better BM

Suggestions for better BM

From the start of my SCI I have had a hard time with bowel movements. Any suggestions and/or new tools available to make this process take less time and be more consistent? Currently I just use a suppository. I did start taking Magic Cleanse a year or so ago, I had thought it helped at one time, not so sure now.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Try 4 tabs of senakot before bed then in the morning use a mini enema for BM it works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    From the start of my SCI I have had a hard time with bowel movements. Any suggestions and/or new tools available to make this process take less time and be more consistent? Currently I just use a suppository. I did start taking Magic Cleanse a year or so ago, I had thought it helped at one time, not so sure now.
    Is the suppository you are using a Magic Bullet?

Do you do any digital stimulation?

Have you tried Enemeez (mini enemas)? Some people find these more effective than Magic Bullets. But, it may take a couple of weeks to really be able to say whether they are working better than Magic Bullets for you or not. The Enemeez company will send you free samples of their products. They have regular Enemeez and a similar product with lidocaine. Take some time to read the information on their website. In addition check out this thread. A Care Cure Community member, named "Mombo" has a special way of using the Enemeez that might be helpful to you.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=149917

You can order samples at the link below or call Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (Mountain Standard Time)
    (602) 276-3434 Ext. 208
    (888) 273-9734 Ext. 208
    (888) 273-9734 Ext. 203:
    http://www.enemeez.com/contactus.html

All the best,
    GJ

Magic bullet! Also make sure you're drinking lots of water and eating enough fiber.

Yes, I switched to Magic Bullets a year or so ago.

I have not used digital stimulation nor do I know anything about it. I am curious to know more.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Yes, I switched to Magic Bullets a year or so ago.

I have not used digital stimulation nor do I know anything about it. I am curious to know more.
    I'm surprised that you were not exposed to this method while you were in rehabilitation.

At any rate, I have posted some links below that will help you understand digital stimulation:

Clinical Practice Consumer Guidelines - Neurogenic Bowel
    http://www.scicpg.org/cpg_cons_pdf/BWLC.pdf

Shepherd Center
    https://www.myvitalconnections.org/w...5!OpenDocument

SCI INFO PAGES
    http://www.sci-info-pages.com/bowel.html

Try searching the Care Cure Community site for personal experiences with digital stimulation.

All the best,
    GJ

recommend Enemeez . www. enemeez.com. works faster and better for most.
    CWO

I really like 'Align.' When I went off of it, I noticed a difference.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    recommend Enemeez . www. enemeez.com. works faster and better for most.
    CWO
    Nurse, I've been using Enemeez for 6 months and my life has definitely changed because it's so easy and effective!

My only doubt that scares me is if there is any problem using Enemeez three times a week. Is it intended for regular use or for occasional constipation?

Quote Originally Posted by C5C6 View Post
    Nurse, I've been using Enemeez for 6 months and my life has definitely changed because it's so easy and effective!

My only doubt that scares me is if there is any problem using Enemeez three times a week. Is it intended for regular use or for occasional constipation?
    Enemeez and Enemeez Plus are specifically used for bowel training programs associated with spinal cord injury and other neurogenic bowel conditions. According to the company literature, Enemeez and Enemeez Plus contain a "Non-irritating formula for safe, long term, daily use."
    (See: http://www.enemeez.com/whyenemeez.html#Constipation)

More information from the website:
    "Therapeutic Patient Profile:
    Enemeez® is effective for bowel care needs associated with spinal cord injury and disease, multiple sclerosis, traumatic brain injury, spina bifida, long-term care, stroke and constipation associated with oncology or opioid treatment. Adults and children 12 years of age and older (with adult supervision), one to three units daily. Children under 12 years of age, consult a physician prior to use.

Pediatric administration: Enemeez® should not be used in pediatrics without prior instruction from a medical professional. Consult your physician prior to using Enemeez® to receive thorough instruction on pediatric administration techniques."

The literature does state that Enemeez and Enemeez Plus can be used for occasional treatment of constipation as well as in long term bowel training programs.

All the best,
    GJ