Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Miami Project announces the march on Washington

The Miami Project announces the march on Washington

March on Washington
    On April 12, paralyzed individuals from around the country will be converging upon Washington, DC for the first ever March on Washington. The participants in the march will accomplish three major goals: first to unite the spinal cord injured community, second to meet with Members of Congress to pass the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Act which will increase funding for paralysis research, and third to bring the media's attention to the challenges paralyzed individuals face on a daily basis.

The event will begin at 10:00 am on the west side of the Capitol where Marc Buoniconti will be addressing the rally. Marc will share his perspective on living with paralysis, overcoming adversity and turning it into a legacy. In addition to Buoniconti, other speakers include Rep. Jim Langevin (D-RI), the only quadriplegic ever elected to Congress, Dana Reeve, Dr. Wise Young and Justin Richardson.

"What makes this rally unique is the fact that it was organized by the CareCure Community, a group of individuals connected online around the world," said Marc Buoniconti. "This rally is truly a grassroots movement and it reflects how the spinal cord injured community is beginning to come together and make its presence known on a local, state and national level." If you have questions about the rally, please contact Faye Armitage at 904.287.2487 or Marilyn Smith at 541.354.2998...

[This message was edited by seneca on 03-25-05 at 01:10 AM.]

She and her colleagues are testing the efficacy of clitoral vacuum stimulation verses vibratory stimulation in improving orgasmic function in women with SCI.
    did they do animal studies first?

Miami Project researchers, led by Drs. W. Dalton Dietrich and Mary Bartlett Bunge, began work in 2003 to duplicate specific studies on the protection of tissue and the prevention of spread of damage following trauma to the spinal cord.
    research for those who not yet paralyzed while they do nothing for us.

mp.

Let's see:

Condo's, Mercedes, shopping sprees, "Ace for a cure drawing". WTF, WTF??

DA,

Send me a puke bag, I'll pay the shipping.

Wonder what "special incentives" Reeve-Irvine is offering, hey, what about Huang, buy 2, get one free? Lima, you listening? HKU-SCI, donate $100.00 get a McDonald's gift certificate for a free regular fry?

This is real progress, thanx Chastev8, checks in the mail!!

Originally posted by Schmeky:

Let's see:

Condo's, Mercedes, shopping sprees, "Ace for a cure drawing". WTF, WTF??

DA,

Send me a puke bag, I'll pay the shipping.

Wonder what "special incentives" Reeve-Irvine is offering, hey, what about Huang, buy 2, get one free? Lima, you listening? HKU-SCI, donate $100.00 get a McDonald's gift certificate for a free regular fry?

This is real progress, thanx Chastev8, checks in the mail!!
    the janitor must be moving so he wants to get rid of his old stuff.

No need to get negative....I was very surprised to hear from the "Scientist meeting" at Irvine a week or so ago, the announcement that the Miami Project has ESC treatments ready to go to humans right after the Keirstad group's start in 2006.

~ People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ www.CureParalysisNow.org

Originally posted by Faye:

No need to get negative....I was very surprised to hear from the "Scientist meeting" at Irvine a week or so ago, the announcement that the Miami Project has ESC treatments ready to go to humans right after the Keirstad group's start in 2006.

~ People acting together as a _group_ can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. - Franklin D. Roosevelt ~ http://www.CureParalysisNow.org
    chronic?

Hi Chastev8, can you supply a link for this article? Thanks.

DA and Schmeky, whoa. This is a post by Chastev8 indicating the good news. Marc Buoniconti announced the rally, indicated that he is speaking at the rally, and said good things about the rally. Let us give credit where it is due. I applaud Marc.

Wise.

Originally posted by Wise Young:

DA and Schmeky, whoa. This is a post by Chastev8 indicating the good news. Marc Buoniconti announced the rally, indicated that he is speaking at the rally, and said good things about the rally. Let us give credit where it is due. I applaud Marc.

Wise.
    nobody is knocking our brother marc. mp is the target of our outrage. ya know, mp reminds me alot of bill clinton. a lot of talent and a lot of potential, all wasted, misused, and abused for nothing.

DA are you on Carl Rove's payroll? You haven't really come out as being positive of the March on Washington!