Thread: Got the flu

Got the flu

This is not helping with pain but I did get my shot a few months ago and I'm hoping that'll mean this will be a mild one. Two years ago I was crying in pain, my girlfriend stroking my forehead. So far it sucks but it is not awful. I'll take less than awful any day! Only thing is I wish I wasn't out of oral Flexeril. I haven't needed it for years but it is the only drug that gave me a high I enjoyed. I'd be flyin' tonight. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    This is not helping with pain but I did get my shot a few months ago and I'm hoping that'll mean this will be a mild one. Two years ago I was crying in pain, my girlfriend stroking my forehead. So far it sucks but it is not awful. I'll take less than awful any day! Only thing is I wish I wasn't out of oral Flexeril. I haven't needed it for years but it is the only drug that gave me a high I enjoyed. I'd be flyin' tonight. :-)
    If you are within 48 hours of getting symptoms, contact your doctor for an Rx for Tamiflu.

All the best,
    GJ

GJ, do you know if Valacyclovir HCL-1 will work also. I got a script for it a while back I never used because I thought I had herpes but did not, I know it's a anti viral med also. If it does help I'll take some of it when/if I get the flu. I'm very nervous about getting it because I work with College students in a teaching position.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to tough this out. It's not as bad as the one I got two years ago. I'm thinking/hoping it will pass quickly. Lousy night but who knows, I may start feeling better soon. Oh what a headache I have.