Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: .Permobil C500 w/ESP

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    After running my new C500 that replaced a very unusual faulty one, I can say the last 7 months have been a great pleasure operating the Permobil. It has preformed flawlessly in all modes and functions. The new wider, slightly taller, snow tires that the VA kindly purchased for me, have helped tremendously and have excellent traction in most terrain and snow types.

Snow tires are available on the Permobil order form.

I would like to take a short run down the dirt road but this terribly long enduring winter, has left a thick layer of ice under the plowed snow. No time to get stuck outside.

Absolutely one of the best, if not the top, powerchair in the market today.

Thanks to the VA and SCI_OTR.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 02-19-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Great to hear that the new C500 is working out for you. I hope the weather lets up an you can get out some more with it.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Forestranger, what cable is going bad when you get the error message PM Bad Cable, and on the other corner of the display, 7F00? I'm getting that message now on my C500. How long do I have before it just craps out on me?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    The only cable I've had a problem with, is the one back from the joystick control because it became separated under the armrest. There is a connection in the cable, under the rear armrest bracket and I think that I was receiving an error message when it was becoming lose. Once it totally separated, the chair died. When the cable was reconnected, everything was back to normal.

I sure hope that your cable problem is a simple fix also.
    Good luck.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks. Shortly after I posted, I started giggling the cables and it was the one at the back of the joystick. The warning went away so I'll keep my fingers crossed while I'm out of town this weekend since I'm going to the shop to put on a new tilt actuator Monday anyway. I HATE having to depend on stuff.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein