Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: .Permobil C500 w/ESP

This is depressing news. I've got a Permobil M300 on order to replace my crappy Invacare Torque. Sounds like funders have driven down the price of these chairs to the point where manufacturers can no longer make them dependable. Nursing home chairs is what they are giving us.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    This is depressing news. I've got a Permobil M300 on order to replace my crappy Invacare Torque. Sounds like funders have driven down the price of these chairs to the point where manufacturers can no longer make them dependable. Nursing home chairs is what they are giving us.
    Unfortunately you are right.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckmanJ View Post
    Hi Forestranger my name is Joe, I'm new to this site and I been waiting to get my new Permobil C500 VS. for 3 months.

I came across your page from googleing the C500 and I hope you get this resolved!! Like you I live in rough country, I'm about 1 hour north of MPLS. Minnesota.. My OT & Doctor recommended the chair and said it would handle the terrain where I live.. keeping fingers crossed..

Good luck with your chair, talk with you soon.

Joe
    The CSOO are usualy excelent chairs, I just happen to get a lemon.

Trouble off pavement is tires. Permobil 8 X 3 standard tread tires suck and get stuck on wet grass. I spoke with the mechanic and he knows no good tires in that size. Must search.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Six weeks since news about replacement chair and the last time I used the wheelchair was two months ago. Still attempting to get some info on the sucker.

Did find out Permobil has mud/snow tires on their order forms for $407.00. Can also order just the tires for $48.30 each. Much better than the Primo Powertrax.

Started tread for Mud/Snow tires with ordering info. Desperately need these with new powerchair.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Six weeks since news about replacement chair and the last time I used the wheelchair was two months ago. Still attempting to get some info on the sucker.
    Received my Permobil C400 in Dec 2010. It never worked properly. I had many instances of cable error and the chair often stopped abruptly while in motion. The last straw was when the seat elevator broke leaving me stranded in the half way up position.

After a year and a half of screwing around with this Lemon (it was unusable and in the shop for 90% of that time!), my DME Vender and Permobil Rep finally decided to talk about a replacement in May 2012. At this point it took them 4 more months of going back and forth about the replacement vs sending the Lemon back to Permobil to be completely rewired. In Sept 2012 they finally agreed to replace the Lemon. It took 3 more months to get the new chair built and delivered.

I hope you can convince them to replace your Lemon right away so you don't have to go down the same road I went down. Call them every 2-3 days - squeaky wheel gets the grease and all. But you already know that;-)

Wishing you the best and please continue to keep us posted on your progress.

I received a new Permobil C500 with ESP last June and…
    almost a year later, sorry to see…wish you the best man.
    Last edited by quadvet; 05-08-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Yes, my new C300 Corpus has arrived so tomorrow I start the process of getting it fitted to me. My sip and puff jury rigged Invacare Torque dumped me on my side in the dirt last week, so anything is better than that lemon.

Almost two months now waiting for replacement. It has been three months since I have been able to use the wheelchair successfully. I really hope that I can have the mud/snow tires from the order form as the standard Primo Powertrax tires have left me stuck way to often and this is not safe for a quad out on my own in the forest.

We decided on this chair as I was attempting to move back to civilization but I can not sell my place so I will need to stay and try and drive around on these very rough roads and trails. My dirt road is in very bad shape this year and most folks told me not to try and get out. I made it on the X5
    with very knobby tires but never would have done it with the standard Permobil tires.

Still no info on delivery or anything.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 05-14-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

Received news today that replacement wheelchair will be delivered this week. Just at 2 months since decision and at around 1 year when first picked up. I believe it typicially takes about 3 months to receive a new chair so I am very happy. Thanks to the SCI Ocu Therapist at the VA and Permobil.

Sat morning my armrest pad broke off the X5. Been having problems with broken and stripped screws on the old Frontier. Very conserned about living with only one working powerchair out here in the forest. One serious problem and I am stuck in bed.

Too cold to go out to camp for holiday weekend and on wed it's forcast to be 85. Crazy

Good news for the start of summer.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 05-28-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

Received news today that replacement wheelchair will be delivered this week. Just at 2 months since decision and at around 1 year when first picked up. I believe it typicially takes about 3 months to receive a new chair so I am very happy. Thanks to the SCI Ocu Therapist at the VA and Permobil.

Sat morning my armrest pad broke off the X5. Been having problems with broken and stripped screws on the old Frontier. Very conserned about living with only one working powerchair out here in the forest. One serious problem and I am stuck in bed.

Too cold to go out to camp for holiday weekend and on wed it's forcast to be 85. Crazy

Good news for the start of summer.
    I'm so glad they replaced your Permobil lemon. Hope the new chair will work out for you.

I'm still trying to get used to my new Permobil C400, but my 12 year old Permobil Entra is still more comfortable so I keep switching back. Guess I'll be shopping for used Entra parts to keep it going (if I can even find them anymore). Also, Permobil decided to change the order of the buttons on the seat switch box, which is really driving me crazy since my brain is wired the old way.

Hopefully you won't have these problems since you didn't have a Permobil before. I'll be interested in hearing how it compares to your other chairs after you get a chance to road test it for a while.