Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Send an email to support our Italian friends in their fight for cure

Send an email to support our Italian friends in their fight for cure

Go here immediately to read the information and send your email.

When we campaign in America for more focus on CURE from the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, our Italian friends are always with us.

When we campaign in California for more spending to CURE chronic spinal cord injury, our Italian friends respond in droves.

When we appeal to the Rick Hansen Foundation for more transparency in their spending on CURE for chronic spinal cord injury, it’s our Italian comrades who help make our numbers remarkable.

NOW, the Italians need to us to support their efforts to make CURE a priority. You can repay their support by sending a simple email.

On 9 January, the president of the Italian Paralymic Committee, Mr. Luca Pancalli stated on RAI’s (Italian Broadcasting Corporation’s) TG1 that…

“If I could live life again I would include my accident (which left me a paraplegic). Happiness is wanting exactly what you already have.”

In response to this insulting statement made by a public personality, Ms. Loredana Longo, spokesperson for the Sruotiamoci CURE paralysis movement wrote a letter to Mr. Pancalli condemning his statement as counterproductive to cure research as it falsifies the daily suffering of those living with spinal cord injury.

In my opinion as StemCells&AtomBombs, this is not simply about the crude statements made by a public figure, but about the media's constant refusal to portray the reality of paralysis and of our voices for cure.

Under the banner “Chronic spinal cord injury is a form of torture”, Italian cure activists are demanding that RAI give them the right of reply to show the reality of spinal cord injury. In Ms. Longo’s own words, “To show that aside from living life from a wheelchair, we are forced to urinate from a catheter, use invasive methods to empty our bowels, and are subject to the effects of liver damaging drugs.”

In just two short days Italians have sent over 150 emails to RAI to back up their demands for a right of reply.

You can help them by doing the same. Please send your email by visiting the blog.

Also, if you haven't yet sent your email to the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine to defend patient voices on their board. Please vist www.bit.ly/patientadvocates.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

“Chronic spinal cord injury is a form of torture”
    “To show that aside from living life from a wheelchair, we are forced to urinate from a catheter, use invasive methods to empty our bowels, and are subject to the effects of liver damaging drugs.”
    Thanks, at last brave people make bold to show ugly SCI-face to complacent canting hypocrites and shitting their hypocritical smiles. YES, it's a daring act. And it's time for dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Support the ally and know distinguish him from collaborationist.

Just sent it! Thanks for posting this!

More great work Dennis.

subscribe to our appeal

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    “Chronic spinal cord injury is a form of torture”
    “To show that aside from living life from a wheelchair, we are forced to urinate from a catheter, use invasive methods to empty our bowels, and are subject to the effects of liver damaging drugs.”
    Thanks, at last brave people make bold to show ugly SCI-face to complacent canting hypocrites and shitting their hypocritical smiles. YES, it's a daring act. And it's time for dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Support the ally and know distinguish him from collaborationist.

Thanks. If you agree subscribe to our appeal so as RAI (Italian State Television) grant us the right of reply. We want get to talk on Italian television about the importance of finding a Cure for Spinal cord injury! Kisses Loredana
    Stop waiting for things to happen, Go out and make them happen.

http://curegirls.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LoryLù View Post
    Thanks. If you agree subscribe to our appeal so as RAI (Italian State Television) grant us the right of reply. We want get to talk on Italian television about the importance of finding a Cure for Spinal cord injury! Kisses Loredana
    I'll be emailing!

And RAI has a few stations that have different political views. This is like getting a chance to address a large government party group in Italy. Might also mention the cost of making ancient cities like Venice and Rome accessible.

Thanks Italiani!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    I'll be emailing!

And RAI has a few stations that have different political views. This is like getting a chance to address a large government party group in Italy. Might also mention the cost of making ancient cities like Venice and Rome accessible.

Thanks Italiani!
    In this case is the first channal who has been always close the parties with a "chrstian political view".. or at least they want to look like that during the day and then go at hot parties at night..
    The opposition is traditionally care and quality of life oriented as almost all the SCI orgs here, so I am not sure which one is worse when it comes to SCI cure.

Cities like Rome or Venece are very expencive and difficult to make accessible as they were built when people in W/C use to die in a short period of time if not before ending up in W/C.
    Then every old building is like a monument and can't be modified. In most cases (even in old hospitals) all they do is putting lifts for stairs which (when they work) are slow etc..
    So I would say that accessibility for old cities is an expencive utopic concept..

Let's see how it goes this email campain. In any case to make some noise it's better than silence and rasignation.

Paolo
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 01-27-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by LoryLù View Post
    WOW!, so, "brave people" means "charming wonderful girls"! Well, I always have known that "girl power" is the most powerful energy it the universe that moves everything and is capable to change everything. Lory, your kisses is more than generous reward for my response to SC@AB's post and just have made my whole life not useless and worth living. Thank you.
    Sorry me my euphoria, what exactly means "right of reply"?

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    WOW!, so, "brave people" means "charming wonderful girls"! Well, I always have known that "girl power" is the most powerful energy it the universe that moves everything and is capable to change everything. Lory, your kisses is more than generous reward for my response to SC@AB's post and just have made my whole life not useless and worth living. Thank you.
    Sorry me my euphoria, what exactly means "right of reply"?
    Thanks.. I'll send you another kiss for this

The right of reply is the right to defend oneself or to reply in the same venue where was published or said something.

It means that I ask Rai to give me the same Pancalli's opportunity to tell my point of view about Chronic Spinal Cord Injury. Hugs Loredana

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    I'll be emailing!

Thanks Italiani!
    Thanks for your support. Hugs Loredana