Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Andy and Rainman, you speak a language I never learned. Have you any translation you think would matter to a neophyte?
    Here you go Randy.......

http://www.firstrade.com/content/en-...y?&letter=s#ss

I think there are better choices. I still think financials are good. I bought BAC at 5.50. Also MTW has had a great run. I missed JDSU but still think it has some legs. I have some aggressive plays like THLD and AMRN.
    I rather play more companies than spending 500.oo per share.

I think the problem is that the perception is now that the stock is a dog and everybody wants to own winners so if anything people are selling that is the trend. The company makes good money and has good sales but that is not good enough. Same thing happened with CSCO and MSFT. Best putting your money other places.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    I've been thinking this stock was done for awhile now. No I didn't short it. I blew it. Unless this company comes out with a special tv or something. This stock is going to be dead money much like microsoft been.
    Andy, I would hope for a rumor to pop this thing and get out. The stock is cheap but it's way over own.
    I'm just looking at the correlation of NDX vs SPX on this one, and how printing money lifts all boats. There's an offset there, and I think NDX will rise to match the rest, at least short term. There is that spectre of all time highs again...minus the employment and economics to match...but I think I'll squeak out of it.

QQQ $67 Feb 16 calls @ .65

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Andy and Rainman, you speak a language I never learned. Have you any translation you think would matter to a neophyte?
    Not really. There's are different styles of investing in stocks. And you need to fine your comfort area. I fine that high growth and trends have worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm just looking at the correlation of NDX vs SPX on this one, and how printing money lifts all boats. There's an offset there, and I think NDX will rise to match the rest, at least short term. There is that spectre of all time highs again...minus the employment and economics to match...but I think I'll squeak out of it.

I bought a few calls on the qqq thursday. Thinking aapl might get a bounce and I believe the market is on it's uptrend till march. We might get a small correction but i'm not worried. The market has been doing this same thing since obama took office. Run up the first few months on the year.

I'm a little heavy on bwld. Reasons are several. They seam to do well in february and march because of the superbowl and march madness. A lot of analyst start to recommend the stock here. And earnings is feb 12th which I think are going to be good. I bet cramer puts a buy on iot this week. Not that I care what he thinks.

If cramer puts a buy on it...short the living daylights out of it, lol

I'm not doing much on stocks. Just a little here and there when something seems obvious to me and I get bored

Out at .96

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    You have seen "Apple TV," but it is an HD receiver (pictured below). The "Apple TV" that is being rumored now will be a a high definition television like a Sony or Samsung etc. It is supposed to be able to fully integrate with your Apple computer systems.

All the best,
    GJ
    Rumors are it will be out next year.

My mom who bought her shares when it was at $4. is kicking herself for not selling when it was over $700.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Out at .96
    It's always good taking a profit. It might be time to load up on tbt. I have owned some shares outright. But I might start adding options to.