Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy Apple?

Blog Entries

Would you buy Apple?

At all? Today? Next week?

Just 2 months ago analysts were screaming it was the opportunity of a generation to get in at 500-550. I imagine they'll talk up the price again so they can draw in more suckers while they sell their positions. IMO, Apple is a trading stock at any price over 350.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Patton, I'm clueless about these things. What does it mean to be a "trading stock?"

Blog Entries
    I heard that Apple is trading low until it puts out new product.
    Does it even have any toys due out soon?

Blog Entries
    I thought Apple TV is due out this year, although I could swear I saw that already on Amazon...?

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I thought Apple TV is due out this year, although I could swear I saw that already on Amazon...?
    You have seen "Apple TV," but it is an HD receiver (pictured below). The "Apple TV" that is being rumored now will be a a high definition television like a Sony or Samsung etc. It is supposed to be able to fully integrate with your Apple computer systems.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Thanks Patton, I'm clueless about these things. What does it mean to be a "trading stock?"
    I used this term somewhat loosely here. A trading stock is essentially one that you don't plan to hold for very long. You intend to trade it at an opportune time in the near future.

When the analysts were screaming buy 2 months ago when it was 500-550, the concensus was that it would get up to 600 within a month (which it did) drop 10-15% and then shoot to 700ish in the near future. Now it is down 25%. The trade here was to get in at 500-550, 2 months ago, ride it to 600ish and then dump it.

To me it makes some sense to own this stock at 350 or below (at least for a little while).

I threw in some gambling money onto a proxy for aapl after earnings and the fun that resulted in (calls on qqq). Up some 20% overnight, probably will bail sometime next week after the greed gets satisfied.

Actually buying the stock? I cant trade against a computer algo well, so no deal for me. I just park excess cash into PM's so I'm not holding toilet paper as 'wealth'

Speaking of trading...how about NFLX...talk about a monumental short squeeze, lol. Ahh to have a crystal ball to be able to jump on that one

I've been thinking this stock was done for awhile now. No I didn't short it. I blew it. Unless this company comes out with a special tv or something. This stock is going to be dead money much like microsoft been.
    Andy, I would hope for a rumor to pop this thing and get out. The stock is cheap but it's way over own.

Blog Entries
    Andy and Rainman, you speak a language I never learned. Have you any translation you think would matter to a neophyte?