Thread: Sci total fitness.....awesome!

Sci total fitness.....awesome!

November posted a link to the scitotalfitness.com site last night in another thread. I downloaded the free video to try it out before I committed to joining. Well I just did the free video workout and loved it. I put 4 pound wrist weights on and followed the 40 minute cardio video. The music was great. It turned in to wheelchair Zumba in my weight room. I had to refocus myself a few times because I was bustin out my club moves and got off track from the video. It was a nice change from my normal workout. Just wanted to share. Thank you November! I'm going to commit myself to 1 month of membership and do the other videos.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

thats awesome!
    I got the free video to open on a new screen after I signed up for newsletter but now it is gone..so It was not "downloaded" per se. I have not tried it yet.

Will need to try to see if I can get it back!
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 01-25-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I saw a demo of her class and think it's wonderful! I can now do some of my former cardio videos (adapted, of course), but I still keep thinking that this series would be a lot of fun and great for arms and core.

Quote Originally Posted by truly View Post
    I saw a demo of her class and think it's wonderful! I can now do some of my former cardio videos (adapted, of course), but I still keep thinking that this series would be a lot of fun and great for arms and core.
    I had a blast with it. Loved most of the songs in the video which helped me turn it in to somewhat of a wheelchair Zumba class. I was just moving my core and dancing along to her moves on the video. It was energizing.

Sherocks- I think you can scroll to the bottom of the home page and find a separate link to the free video if the other one didn't work.

I had a session with Kristin at scitotalfitness when I was in So Cal last summer I think. She is great. I think the idea of fitness routines directed at SCI peeps is great.

I should sign up for the classes.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Quote Originally Posted by My395 View Post
    I had a session with Kristin at scitotalfitness when I was in So Cal last summer I think. She is great. I think the idea of fitness routines directed at SCI peeps is great.

I should sign up for the classes.
    I love what she says about working the shoulders. One video that I saw said we roll our chairs and only work certain shoulder muscles while othern shoulder muscles are left weak and more vulnerable to damage. I certainly felt a different soreness after my workout today. I feel so blessed that November shared the link last night.

Yes. I believe that working on the muscles sets we rarely use is very important.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

I did the free 40 minute video again today. It occurred to me that working out while traveling is going to be so much easier. I usually have to pack my arm weights and my burn machine which adds a lot of extra weight to my luggage. Now I just need to take my iPad and my 4 pound wrist weights and I can get a sufficient workout without 28 extra pounds of luggage. Loving this. I can't wait to try the other videos.

You're welcome.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I have been doing strength training at the gym, and have been looking for an additional cardio workout besides riding the handcycle. Just did the 40 minute workout w/o any weights to see how it was, and feel great afterwards. Will definately do with some added weight next time.

Must admit, the songs they played weren't my style so I muted and played my own workout playlist.
    C5 Incomplete - 25 years of experience!