Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Size of StimuLITE cushions

Quote Originally Posted by lacesoutvic View Post
    i'm under the impression that you shouldn't have to break-in a cushion, correct me if i'm wrong. air cushions may need to have the amount of air adjusted and maintained, though.
    A Roho cushion doesn't need to break-in but a Stimulite cushion will certainly arrive firmer than it will after several days/weeks of use. It will soften some and conform to the user's contours.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I'm curious, did you try to straighten your back so to speak with different amounts of air in the quadtro? I have scoliosis too, I don't have anything special with my cushion but my back is a Jay3 and I have the foam wedges inside set up specially for me.

I've heard of cushions being adjusted for pelvic obliquity so thats why I'm wondering now. I had a new PT evaluation a couple weeks ago and the PT remarked that my scoliosis has twisted my pelvis some. I wish I could remember exactly what she had said, I'll have to ask next time I see her.
    Yes, I tried. But the result was not so notable
    I'm think about to use foam wedges under a StimuLITE cushion.
    Last edited by hoverfly; 01-28-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoverfly View Post
    Yes, I tried. But the result was not so notable
    I'm think about to use foam wedges under a StimuLITE cushions.
    That's also my plan to compensate for some slight to moderate obliquity. I'm thinking Stimulite sport with a couple of wedges. Ride cushions now sells a product they call " cam wedges ".

Will Stimulite SlimLine more comfortable than Sport? Seen that a bit thicker and have a little contours, and not too thick.

Quote Originally Posted by hoverfly View Post
    Will Stimulite SlimLine more comfortable than Sport? Seen that a bit thicker and have a little contours, and not too thick.
    Never try Sport, but I have a slimline, love it, hold my bottom well, and give me a good support.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    A Roho cushion doesn't need to break-in but a Stimulite cushion will certainly arrive firmer than it will after several days/weeks of use. It will soften some and conform to the user's contours.
    Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Never try Sport, but I have a slimline, love it, hold my bottom well, and give me a good support.
    Nice to meet you here

I contacted Gwen, and her said the 15x14 could be done by "custom cut". I'm curious that Wheelchair Cushion Sage do this the same way: cut a large one to a smaller custom size, or they have some "nature make" cushion at that size?

Got a 14"x14". Almost as wide as my seat wide which is 15"