Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it hemroids and what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Have you considered a colostomy? I would in your situation. The way Scott does it, you don't even need to wear a bag 24/7.
    I 2nd the colostomy.

She is only two years post injury. IMO that is too early for a colostomy unless bowel problems are extremely severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
    She is only two years post injury. IMO that is too early for a colostomy unless bowel problems are extremely severe.
    I agree. And use something besides soap as lube. Surgilube and KY also come in boxes of 144 3 gram individual packets. And you might try every other day to see if that works better than every day.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I was thinking more of independence.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I had mine done at 5 years post sci because of very severe hemmorhoidal bleeding. Don't some acute sci programs encourage patients to get colostomies? They are usually reversible.

I'd reaaaallllyyy rather not get a colostomy. I think I'd choose bowel assistance over that as log as there are no health problems. I really think I can do this on my own. 2nd try my mom squeezed the mini enema up there and I did everything else. Need a mirror now. Hope that ill one day be able to do without it even though I can't feel. I switch from the soap to lube

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
    I agree.

Keep practicing. I'm C6/7 complete and do my own bowel program every morning. I use Vaseline as lube.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR1105 View Post
    Keep practicing. I'm C6/7 complete and do my own bowel program every morning. I use Vaseline as lube.
    pretty sure Vasoline isn't for "internal use" though

@jschism...from Wikipedia
    --Petroleum jelly is commonly used as a personal lubricant. (Not recommended for use with condoms because it dissolves latex.)
    --It can prevent moisture loss and chapped lips, soften nail cuticles, and provide rectal lubrication for conditions like hemorrhoids or anal fissures